• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

METROPOLIS

47 posts in this topic

Actually, to say something is rare, is not to say it is valuable. It depends on the consumers, who make up the market. The only way that OA is going to start getting the money that you think it should KK, is if more people enter the market looking to buy OA. So, this poster tells you something. It tells you that there are more cosumers in the vintage posters market than OA. So, the post sells for an incredibly outrageous sum.

KEEP PIMPIN THAT OA, KK!!!!!!! grin.gif

So there is less demand for the OA, buy it all up before the masses catch on!

Ive been telling these yokels that for a good year now.

And Timulty,...your conclusion is incorrect. It does not prove that there are more people in the Movie poster hobby. It merely proves that the demand on 'Metroplis' posters is high.

KK

Wow, another thread about the great value of OA......suprising.

Sorry bout that, I was originally responding to the poster being referred to as a print, which in that regards is not much different from a comic book(both are "prints").

If supply is low, the demand would be high but as someone pointed out if there are only 4 posters of Metropolis(which would make it equivalent to a Gerber 10 book) then you would expect the poster to go for the same price as a Gerber 10 book with matching condition, cachet etc. Since, I don't remember that being the case then one can infer that there are more consumers in the market looking for the poster thus raising the market price. So, I believe there are more people looking for posters then OA.

KK, IF YOU PIMP IT, THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!

Good comparison!

If you are comparing apples and oranges! poke2.gif

Well, I've got a dancing apple (apple.gif). I'll try to find a dancing orange.

Then, perhaps I'll try to arrange them so they're kicking krazykat in the nutsack. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe then he'll get the point.............. but I doubt it.

Good comparison!

Well, I've got a dancing apple (apple.gif). I'll try to find a dancing orange.

Then, perhaps I'll try to arrange them so they're kicking krazykat in the nutsack. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe then he'll get the point.............. but I doubt it.

Post revised to say apples and bananas.

(DISCLAIMER: GACollectibles by no way, shape or form condones anyone getting kicked in the nutsack. However, if some old lady cut me off in traffic, I would consider kicking her in the cooter.)

Good comparison!

There is a 'Universal Field Theory' called ,.........'The Collectables Market'.

KK

Lets look at the 'Universal Field Thory' called, ........The Sports Market;

if the Yankees are worth a billion $$, does that mean the New York indoor soccer team would be a steal at $50 million? Not at all.

The values are completely unrelated and based on completely independant markets.

It's true that "collectors" in general share similar traits, but the purchasing habits of movie poster collectors has nada to do with those of original comic book art collectors.

either more potential buyers in that realm of spending (which, given that it really is a worldwide market for the metroplois poster, is probably correct) or the people chasing those things have more bucks.

comparing comic OA to this is apples and oranges. different market, different people, different everything. millions of smarty pantses with money have seen that movie.

anyway, what would the OA for the cover to Action 1 or Detective 27 go for? those probably would have cross-over appeal and get some big bucks from non-comic collectors.

of course, maybe there's a warehouse full of these posters in some basement in east germany somewhere!