• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Searching for "The Art of Being Spawn" by Al Simmons
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Figured I'd ask to see if anyone had a copy of "The Art of Being Spawn" by Al Simmons, as I see Spawn pop up more and more in the Modern section. Simmons was the "real life Spawn" who would go around conventions and sign things and had worked at Image for quite a while. I know McFarlane sued Simmons after the book came out for sharing protected information or something, which is weird because Image Comics published the book.

Anyhow, I'm writing a scholarly essay on this and can't find the book anywhere. I'm pretty sure it was printed, but Amazon, eBay, Abebooks, etc. don't show any copies. Anyone by chance have this book? I'd love to get scans/purchase if possible.

Fingers crossed

artofbeingspawn.webp

On 1/22/2023 at 9:00 PM, Lobstrosity said:

This release was canceled and there are no copies available. There was a lawsuit involved, and while the results are not public, the book itself was canceled.

That's what I feared. It sounds like a strange ordeal as Image was ready to publish it before McFarlane filed suit. He must not have seen it until it was almost to press. Thanks for the info!