• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Action 252 (Supergirl)
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Put me down for a 1.0 FR.  In my opinion, there are just too many blemishes and structural defects other than the clipped coupon to justify a higher grade.  :foryou:  On a related front, what is causing the circled area of the back cover spine to appear whiter than the rest of that margin?  I sure hope it's just an optical illusion, rather than a patch of white-out or white glue.  :wishluck:

1.jpg.7763ba5490ed8a8a85da10c56b8d1808.jpg

Also, do you have an explanation for why the top and bottom staples appear to have such different colors/tones?  The top staple appears nearly as white as the back cover patch cited above.  hm

2.thumb.jpg.dc098d3ba2d8f061a891a6bfe2e911c3.jpg

Edited by zzutak

On 1/24/2023 at 4:32 PM, zzutak said:

Put me down for a 1.0 FR.  In my opinion, there are just too many blemishes and structural defects other than the clipped coupon to justify a higher grade.  :foryou:  On a related front, what is causing the circled area of the back cover spine to appear whiter than the rest of that margin?  I sure hope it's just an optical illusion, rather than a patch of white-out or white glue.  :wishluck:

1.jpg.7763ba5490ed8a8a85da10c56b8d1808.jpg

Also, do you have an explanation for why the top and bottom staples appear to have such different colors/tones?  The top staple appears nearly as white as the back cover patch cited above.  hm

2.thumb.jpg.dc098d3ba2d8f061a891a6bfe2e911c3.jpg

looks like water damage with paper loss to me. That might also explain the staple difference.

1.5 lean down... I am not sure anything you can do to this book is truly worth the labor as the value shouldn't fluctuate much if at all if you simply leave it "as is."

I find these low grade but still attractive keys, which aren't worth as much as the iconic ones - have more intrinsic value to collectors left raw and "as is."  They make great readers and also IMO are not worth entombing. Regardless enjoy and have fun with it. :preach:

On 1/24/2023 at 11:12 PM, Roger66 said:

I find these low grade but still attractive keys, which aren't worth as much as the iconic ones - have more intrinsic value to collectors left raw and "as is."  They make great readers and also IMO are not worth entombing. Regardless enjoy and have fun with it. :preach:

Couldn't have put it better. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, Roger66 said:

1.5 lean down... I am not sure anything you can do to this book is truly worth the labor as the value shouldn't fluctuate much if at all if you simply leave it "as is."

I tend to agree with this.  I don't typically have books graded, however, when I had my 252 graded, I found I didn't like the idea of not having a raw copy I could actually look through.  I ended up going out and buying a raw copy.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:29 AM, Hudson said:

I tend to agree with this.  I don't typically have books graded, however, when I had my 252 graded, I found I didn't like the idea of not having a raw copy I could actually look through.  I ended up going out and buying a raw copy.

Exactly why I try and always have at least one raw copy of some of my SA keys.  It is nice being able to thumb through a lower grade FF48, AC252, TOS52, ASM50 etc - I guess if I was a dealer or an on-line seller I might need to entomb them all but I am much more of a collector.  :preach: