• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current TAT vs TAT when recieved?
6 6

118 posts in this topic

The Mystery Man came on the line...

And he said, "We're outta sight!"

He said for a nominal service charge...

I could reach Nirvana tonight.

If I was ready, willing, and able...

To pay them their usual fee...

They would drop all the rest of their pressing affairs...

And devote their attention to me.

But I said...

Look here brother...

Who you jivin' down at CGC?

(Now who you jivin' down at CGC?)

Look here brother...

It's just a waste of time for me.

(With apologies to Frank Zappa.)

On 2/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, Axe Elf said:

The Mystery Man came on the line...

And he said, "We're outta sight!"

He said for a nominal service charge...

I could reach Nirvana tonight.

If I was ready, willing, and able...

To pay them their usual fee...

They would drop all the rest of their pressing affairs...

And devote their attention to me.

But I said...

Look here brother...

Who you jivin' down at CGC?

(Now who you jivin' down at CGC?)

Look here brother...

It's just a waste of time for me.

(With apologies to Frank Zappa.)

(worship)

I sent some games, they arrived at CGC on Monday, graded and shipped out today. :shiftyeyes:

However, they either were damaged in shipping, or just graded harshly. All moderns, some I had purchased in the last year or so, and they were perfect when they left, not so much now. 9.4 and 9.6 seem like crappy grades to me for modern games, I have received 9.8's on older games, will see when they get here.

So be careful what you wish for, maybe slower is better. (shrug)

On 2/17/2023 at 3:55 PM, batmiesta said:

Still no end in sight. :tumbleweed:

My book arrived last February- I had no clue this was coming with the case-thing— I would’ve opted for the old case knowing what I was signing up for.

guess I’m a bit concerned being a part of the experimental group with the new case.  Hopin for the best though 👍🏻

Edited by This is Who We Are

On 2/17/2023 at 8:19 PM, This is Who We Are said:

My book arrived last February- I had no clue this was coming with the case-thing— I would’ve opted for the old case knowing what I was signing up for.

guess I’m a bit concerned being a part of the experimental group with the new case.  Hopin for the best though 👍🏻

Right?!... Why tf are my books involuntarily forced to be guinea pigs for the new slab roll-out.. what happens if there's issues? Are our books beta testers.. n they're more or less troubleshooting any kinks w the current stock they've got their slow hands on?..

On 2/17/2023 at 6:19 PM, Makmorn said:

I sent some games, they arrived at CGC on Monday, graded and shipped out today. :shiftyeyes:

However, they either were damaged in shipping, or just graded harshly. All moderns, some I had purchased in the last year or so, and they were perfect when they left, not so much now. 9.4 and 9.6 seem like crappy grades to me for modern games, I have received 9.8's on older games, will see when they get here.

So be careful what you wish for, maybe slower is better. (shrug)

Eh, just like with comics, a game can come straight off the conveyer belt freshly made and be sent in immediately and still not get a 9.8. Have you done a lot of research on all the nitpicky subtle nuances that make up the minor differences? I have with comics, but idk in regards to games just yet.. however after a dozen or so submissions I no longer allow myself to be disillusioned as to think any book, or other graded item, will come back 9.8 or higher. Aside from the objective qualifications for the grade, sad to say but it really could boil down to someone having not gotten laid the night before, perhaps they suck at that game and everyone on discord made fun of em so boom automatic point deduction.. while mess like that isn't SUPPOSED to happen, they are just humans after all, any little thing can alter their perception that day..

On 2/20/2023 at 4:46 AM, Nick Berntson said:

Right?!... Why tf are my books involuntarily forced to be guinea pigs for the new slab roll-out.. what happens if there's issues? Are our books beta testers.. n they're more or less troubleshooting any kinks w the current stock they've got their slow hands on?..

I would imagine they have a bunch of mags (not customer ones) that they will trial first .....surely. :eek:

On 2/19/2023 at 11:52 PM, Nick Berntson said:

Eh, just like with comics, a game can come straight off the conveyer belt freshly made and be sent in immediately and still not get a 9.8. Have you done a lot of research on all the nitpicky subtle nuances that make up the minor differences? I have with comics, but idk in regards to games just yet.. however after a dozen or so submissions I no longer allow myself to be disillusioned as to think any book, or other graded item, will come back 9.8 or higher. Aside from the objective qualifications for the grade, sad to say but it really could boil down to someone having not gotten laid the night before, perhaps they suck at that game and everyone on discord made fun of em so boom automatic point deduction.. while mess like that isn't SUPPOSED to happen, they are just humans after all, any little thing can alter their perception that day..

I have a pretty good idea when it comes to games, I have been submitting games for grading for over a decade (maybe not CGC but other companies). When I see games 9.6 with A++ seal, it makes me go hmm.

So it had a perfect wrapper, but they didn't think it was a 9.8 undamaged box, not sure how that can even happen without damaging the seal. Modern DVD style boxes don't damage easily, the seal is another story.

Probably someone having a bad day, I could crack them out and re-submit them, but they were newer games, so it would be a waste.

Edited by Makmorn

On 2/20/2023 at 4:51 PM, Pizza Boy said:

They reason they did this is because they finally ran out of their backstock of the old Barex holders. I don't think you had a choice in the first place.

You would think they would have ordered the new holders well in advance that being the case, a school boy error by CGC.:blush:

On 2/24/2023 at 5:57 PM, Jayman said:

Anyone know what the new magazine holders look like? Are any out in circulation yet? (shrug)

They are opaque, so you can't see if there is any new damage, if they were holdered upside down, if they were misgraded--or even if they put in the wrong book.  This should help to increase trust between buyers and sellers, if all they have to go on is the certification from CGC, and personal opinions and subjective perceptions are removed from the formula.

The opacity also provides superior UV protection.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:58 AM, oakman29 said:

Many reasons here why I just gave up on having my books graded. I would rather enjoy my collection than have my expensive books in limbo for a year. 

I'll buy my books graded if I want one graded, it's much faster that way.

You summed up my attitude. The level of trust has declined. Don't want to submit anything until the TATs are reasonable.