• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current TAT vs TAT when recieved?
5 5

118 posts in this topic

Update on TATs for Magazine Modern and Economy both move to 60 days now

Standard is at 18 days

Why do I find that hard to believe since I am at 98 LOL

Maybe my book is at the alternate universe facility located in Bizarro World.

On 4/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, TegrityComics said:

Update on TATs for Magazine Modern and Economy both move to 60 days now

Standard is at 18 days

Why do I find that hard to believe since I am at 98 LOL

Maybe my book is at the alternate universe facility located in Bizarro World.

Interesting.

Makes me question if they are rushing through the backlog or if they hired more graders and support staff.

No new magazine orders should even be accepted at this time until orders are caught up. I have a Standard order (since January) currently just sitting around in the sunshine state, and I guarantee you 18 days from now they will still be sitting there. In fact, I was told they are currently still working on last years orders....

On 4/20/2023 at 11:32 AM, Sniezyk said:

No new magazine orders should even be accepted at this time until orders are caught up. I have a Standard order (since January) currently just sitting around in the sunshine state, and I guarantee you 18 days from now they will still be sitting there. In fact, I was told they are currently still working on last years orders....

I wouldn't say they shouldn't accept new orders, but they definitely shouldn't cut the TATs like they have until they're caught up imo. 

On 4/20/2023 at 11:32 AM, Sniezyk said:

Standard since Dec. myself..

It has nothing to do with CGC taking new Magazine orders in at this time. What they are saying is that if received today they can get a Standard order out the door in 18 business days and regular orders in 60. Which means all backorders need to be completed with those new TATs. For some reason I believe them this time and had to put my account on no ship since I am not around. I can't win with them LOL. Get ready for unboxing.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:06 PM, TegrityComics said:

It has nothing to do with CGC taking new Magazine orders in at this time. What they are saying is that if received today they can get a Standard order out the door in 18 business days and regular orders in 60. Which means all backorders need to be completed with those new TATs. For some reason I believe them this time and had to put my account on no ship since I am not around. I can't win with them LOL. Get ready for unboxing.

I'm not sure why you put it on hold. I was told by CGC they are currently working on last years orders at this time, then January, February, etc. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell those new TAT's are accurate. 

On 4/20/2023 at 6:41 PM, Sniezyk said:

I'm not sure why you put it on hold. I was told by CGC they are currently working on last years orders at this time, then January, February, etc. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell those new TAT's are accurate. 

My order is from last year and it is a Standard order. CGC changed that TAT last Friday which would mean that they now truly feel confident in all the new machines they put in. If you noticed, they also dropped the price on Magazines which is pretty bold if you are lowering the TAT and have backorders still pending. I think that they may have not only replaced the machines but also expanded for the future when they added Video Games and Funko POPs

Also... When you put your account on no ship the book is still in process of grading, they just won't ship it out when done. I will be away for a while so no sense in risking it.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:46 PM, Nick Berntson said:

Hello, I submitted a couple batches of standard mags back in December. I checked the day the were received and the turnaround time quoted was 50 days. It has since been bumped to like 70. That being said I'm just curious as to what to be expecting? The roughly 50 quoted when received, or the updated time frame? Idk if TAT is a reflection for incoming subs, or currently possessed ones by them. Jw for future references, will effect which tier I send through. Thanks!

FB_IMG_1675308811187.jpg

I will be at 10 months and holding 05/01/23. 50 days, 70, 100, etc is all a ruse.

On 4/28/2023 at 6:56 PM, Smith Etc said:

Modern

Magazines.

Well, that's not all that bad based on the TATs back then? Up until extremely recently it was perpetually floating in the 250-260 quoted TAT. 260 business days is 52 weeks give or take for holidays, and 52/weeks per year so sounds like they're still on track, eh?

Submitted one modern/one economy no fast track first week of January. Been in GEI since first of April. So, who knows how long TATs really are? Seems completely arbitrary at times lol.

On 4/17/2023 at 8:02 PM, Smith Etc said:

I submitted my books in July of last year. Still waiting. 

I have been wondering what people's experience is with TATs on magazines. I guess I have my answer. I'm ordering some Mylites and fullbacks.