• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 11

19 posts in this topic

Actually, I do. I think he gets a bum wrap. Probably one day someone will collect only Heck and become a 'Heck-Man' or something and the prices'll go up more.

KK

Maybe, but I doubt it. 27_laughing.gif

Don Heck for me is the definition of a journeyman artist. Competent work, but never going to make a gallery wall. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, I do. I think he gets a bum wrap. Probably one day someone will collect only Heck and become a 'Heck-Man' or something and the prices'll go up more.

KK

Don Heck for me is the definition of a journeyman artist. Competent work, but never going to make a gallery wall. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah,..but every so often he worked on a Major Title and still is an original of the Marvel Bullpen. Im not the guys biggest fan but I still think his work is still probably undervalued/ and undeveloped in the market. I think the price on the piece could go higher -- $1200 or so though.

KK

KK

Oh krap! foreheadslap.gif

I actually agree with something krazykat said. crazy.gif

Don Heck did a great job with the early Iron Man run in TOS. I really enjoy reading the Essential Iron Man because of his artwork.

Yeah, he's not Kirby. But guess what? Nobody is....... except Kirby. Not all SA Marvel art was by Kirby. Get over it!

Personally I like Buscema and Heck about as much as Kirby.

What's up with the lines in everybody's faces in Kirby's people? What's that about? And it only got worse in the BA. I much prefer Buscema's SS to Kirby's SS.

Thats a great pin-up, considering were talking Don Heck. The leading bidder will get a bargain if it ends at that. I am very pleased with the Kirby Cap A pin up from Avengers 10 that I own and I can safely say those pin-ups are incredible to look at close up.

This Kang pin-up has a great pose.

But... did you read the condtion report on it?

"The overall condition of the page is excellent, but there are five horizontal folds across the page. (Maybe somebody folded it to mail it, I don't know. In the hayfamzone, we never fold our art before mailing it.) The folds are pretty well flattened out after my many years of keeping the artwork flat, and the folds are not even visible when the artwork is framed."

How much does this lower the price on the piece?

893censored-thumb.gif

i was going to bid on that piece and my laptop bettery died...what luck foreheadslap.gif I race to find a place to plug it in and the auction's over....aw well...

893censored-thumb.gif

i was going to bid on that piece and my laptop bettery died...what luck foreheadslap.gif I race to find a place to plug it in and the auction's over....aw well...

That sux. What was your bid ?,..or rather,..what would it have been ?

I was planning on bidding around $1200, but you never know...once the blood gets flowing in the "reresh key" finger, the sky's the limit 27_laughing.gif

KK

Frankly, I like his early marvel work......here is a page i have....the fourth and seventh panels are pure delights....jon

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

KK

Frankly, I like his early marvel work......here is a page i have....the fourth and seventh panels are pure delights....jon

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece...at=0&UCat=0

I agree...i love Kirby's ability to make the story flow, but Heck had a very nice "simplicity" to his work.