• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic convention submissions
1 1

5 posts in this topic

So I’ve submitted comics through the mail and sent them to CGC but they’re gonna be at a convention near me soon. I was wondering if it’s cheaper to submit in person and what are the total costs (shipping, submission per book, etc.). Please let me know if you’ve done it :)

Costs the same, but you don’t pay shipping to cgc

On 2/4/2023 at 10:57 PM, revat said:

Costs the same, but you don’t pay shipping to cgc

So just to clarify it is overall cheaper? Do you get it by the end of the day and if so, there’s no extra charge just for that?

On 2/5/2023 at 1:58 AM, 2miller0 said:

So just to clarify it is overall cheaper? Do you get it by the end of the day and if so, there’s no extra charge just for that?

you fill in the forms at their booth and give them your book(s). CGC takes the books with them to their facility in Florida after the show to grade and encapsulate. You eliminate a single cost: shipping to them. You still pay for the service you selected and the shipping back to you from Florida. You still have to wait the time period for turn-around.

If I was in the position to submit books to CGC in person I would do it every single time as it is my opinion the book you ship to them is subject to:

-damage during shipping

-loss during shipping

-theft during shipping

which I feel is far less likely to happen giving it to CGC at a show.

The cost of shipping the book to CGC versus the cost of attending the convention is the other consideration. If it costs you $100 to attend the show but $30 to ship the book with tracking and insurance then you need to decide if the cost is worth it to attend the show to eliminate the risks of shipping to CGC.

Edited by Artboy99

On 2/5/2023 at 6:52 AM, Artboy99 said:

you fill in the forms at their booth and give them your book(s). CGC takes the books with them to their facility in Florida after the show to grade and encapsulate. You eliminate a single cost: shipping to them. You still pay for the service you selected and the shipping back to you from Florida. You still have to wait the time period for turn-around.

If I was in the position to submit books to CGC in person I would do it every single time as it is my opinion the book you ship to them is subject to:

-damage during shipping

-loss during shipping

-theft during shipping

which I feel is far less likely to happen giving it to CGC at a show.

The cost of shipping the book to CGC versus the cost of attending the convention is the other consideration. If it costs you $100 to attend the show but $30 to ship the book with tracking and insurance then you need to decide if the cost is worth it to attend the show to eliminate the risks of shipping to CGC.

Dude I appreciate the detail in your response a ton! LOL that helps :) thanks!