• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damage or Printing error Rainbow Charizard GX?

1 post in this topic

So like a couple of years ago i was opening some vintage packs that i won from a auction (that was the year that is started collecting  Pokemon TGC, i went crazy buying a lot of random stuff;)). 
I bought/won like 3 vintage sealed mystery boxes with a chance of a graded card in it or a base set pack. 
Like usual no graded card or a base set pack. So i ended with packs from a couple of years ago i guess, so i started opening it all. 
Ofcourse no hits or whatever  untill i suddenly saw a Rainbow charizard GX! Well i was happy ofcourse, and the first thing i did was check for centering and it looked good:D. So i turned the card (gently) around and i saw that the egdes on the back were slightly damaged and on 1 corner it looked like a bit of paint was missing. When i holded the card in a right angle i also saw that all the edges had a inprint in it that resembles the inprint of the front from a holo card. 

Back then i did not think of it much, i was upset that i finally had a nice pull but it whas damaged. I was thinking how is that possible i pulled out of a sealed pack, i check the other cards an pack it self. It all looked normal except for the charizard. Now since i am a bit more 'familiar' with TGC and card flawss i started wondering if it is damage or a misprinting error of some kind. 

So dear community what are your thoughts? 

PS English is not my native language, so forgive me for the grammar;).  

P_20230206_145130.jpg

P_20230206_145045.jpg

P_20230206_145254.jpg