• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beckett Issue #1 1984
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Guys, I am extremely new to this. I would like to submit my Beckett baseball issue #1 from 1984. It has Clemente and Murphy on the cover. Also I have the 1st issues for Basketball, Football and Hockey from Beckett. This site is a bit overwhelming. Guess I am not that smart. 

1. Is it easy to submit?

2. What are the costs (or how do I determine the cost) to submit all 4 for grading?

I could be wrong, but I think this post is asking about magazines 

This was under the “services” area

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/?view=magazines

• Administrator
On 2/6/2023 at 12:59 PM, revat said:

I could be wrong, but I think this post is asking about magazines 

This was under the “services” area

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/?view=magazines

Ah, I think you are right.  Sorry about that.  Perhaps @Zealonsunited could be more specific, and I will do my best to assist.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:51 AM, Zealonsunited said:

Yes valiantman. Thanks for the clarity. I am curious if grading the four issues is worth it vs the costs. 

of course this depends on the estimated value of the comics after grading, of course that is largely dependent on the realized grade.  And also to some extent your costs of submission, which may vary by value or geography.  Of course also your own personal subjective preferred profit margin must also be taken into account.  So generally you'll have to do a bit of research into what grade you think you'll get, the possible realizeable prices you might get if you want to sell graded vs raw, and of course also the actual costs of submission (which including shipping there, packaging, insurance, submission fees, invoice fees, shipping and insurance back).  After that possibly selling costs and taxes should be accounted for in your theoretical sales prices, if applicable.  Then you do your own math to see if its worth it.

BUT to get a general idea of how much they sell for you can check out 'sold' prices on ebay (of course remember to account for fees and taxes).