• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WonderCon 2023 3-24/3-26

48 posts in this topic

Man, that comic dealer list is real slim. Seems like every year another dealer or two drops out. Very few out of town dealers. I only see maybe a couple I would consider looking at.

And virtually no big corporate booths like Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Mattel or Hasbro. 

The days of big multi day “comic cons” look to be numbered. Just too much money to justify a trip across country I guess. 

I think a one day pass will be enough for me although I will be probably take my two grandaughters on the second day. 

On 3/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, JQ Comics said:

Any idea what dealers will be there? I know shortboxed will set up. Il be there Sunday to pick up what ever is left 🤣! 
I need some GA and Bronze Age Horror

Here you go...

https://www.comic-con.org/wca/2023/exhibitors

Edited by silverseeker
Added some text.

I used to love going to this con when it was in Oakland and then San Francisco, and even enjoyed going when it first moved to Anaheim.

I have not been since 2018, and it looks like the vintage comic dealer list has thinned out enough where going to the Torpedo show or SDCC makes more sense...

On 3/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, silverseeker said:

I used to love going to this con when it was in Oakland and then San Francisco, and even enjoyed going when it first moved to Anaheim.

I have not been since 2018, and it looks like the vintage comic dealer list has thinned out enough where going to the Torpedo show or SDCC makes more sense...

Thank you for the list! Some decent dealers at Wondercon. I haven’t seen Torpedo set up in a long time. 

On 3/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, dem1138 said:

If anyone's bringing any of these books please DM me thanks!

Marvel Comics #1 CGC 0.5 - 1.0
Marvel Mystery #9 CGC 2.0 - 4.0
Captain America #1 CGC 2.0 - 3.0
Detective #29 CGC 2.0 - 3.5
Detective #31 CGC 1.0 - 2.0 

I Think Torpedo might have some of those they did pick up some early detectives last year (thumbsu

On 3/23/2023 at 9:03 AM, Robot Man said:

Anybody know the exhibit hall opening hours? Can’t seem to find them anywhere. Thanks! 

Was surprisingly difficult to find on the website for me, not in any of the locations where I'd expect it....

Exhibits
March 24, Friday: 11:30 am-7:00 pm
March 25, Saturday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
March 26, Sunday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

https://www.comic-con.org/wca

On 3/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, Aarrow108 said:

Was surprisingly difficult to find on the website for me, not in any of the locations where I'd expect it....

Exhibits
March 24, Friday: 11:30 am-7:00 pm
March 25, Saturday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
March 26, Sunday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

https://www.comic-con.org/wca

Thanks! I swear that wasn’t there when I looked there. Somebody must have just noticed. 

On 3/23/2023 at 3:54 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks! I swear that wasn’t there when I looked there. Somebody must have just noticed. 

have a nice time and please post some pics of the show. always enjoyed attending this one in years past. but as the cal comic con just happened 2 months ago, its too soon for some of us to travel back there. 

i'm also curious if the more tenuous economic outlook now compared to two months ago will negatively affect buying considering that most dealers will probably still have older prices on their books. 

On 3/24/2023 at 6:42 AM, alexgross.com said:

have a nice time and please post some pics of the show. always enjoyed attending this one in years past. but as the cal comic con just happened 2 months ago, its too soon for some of us to travel back there. 

i'm also curious if the more tenuous economic outlook now compared to two months ago will negatively affect buying considering that most dealers will probably still have older prices on their books. 

Thanks will do. I will try and take some pics with a little report. I sold at CalCon and did real well. So I am ready to buy today. I will pay up if the right stuff is there but I am not getting my hopes up. The dealer list looks pretty thin and a lot of the dealers just did CalCon so their inventory might be a bit picked over. Good choice if you have to pick. CalCon was loaded as so I have heard. But, it’s in my “backyard” so worth a try.

Hey, a bad day at a comic con is way better than a good day at work..,:roflmao:

On 3/25/2023 at 5:00 AM, comicjack said:

Sups 14 Cap 3 Punch 12 real eye candy 

CC/Metro. Don’t forget those two lowly books down in the lower left of the rack… I didn’t even ask prices as everything was probably just auction pimping. But yeah, what an eye full.

They certainly didn’t bring any long boxes…

Edited by Robot Man

On 3/25/2023 at 10:29 AM, Robot Man said:

CC/Metro. Don’t forget those two lowly books down in the lower left of the rack… I didn’t even ask prices as everything was probably just auction pimping. But yeah, what an eye full.

They certainly didn’t bring any long boxes…

They didn't need to with that rack :flipbait: