• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's SPIDER-MAN SPIDER-NOIR live series starring Nicolas Cage (2025?)
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Spider-Man Noir Live-Action Series in the Works at Amazon

A Spider-Man Noir live-action series is in the works at Amazon, Variety has learned exclusively.

The untitled series will follow an older, grizzled superhero in 1930s New York City. An individual with knowledge of the project says that the show will be set in its own universe and the main character will not be Peter Parker.

This is the second known project based on the Sony-controlled Marvel characters at Amazon Prime Video and MGM+. It was previously announced that Amazon was moving forward with the series “Silk: Spider Society” from showrunner Angela Kang, with several other shows in the works. It is unknown at this time which other Marvel characters will be featured in the other Amazon shows, though Sony currently controls over 900 such characters associated with the Spider-Man franchise.

Edited by Bosco685

This is not Lightfoot’s first foray into the Marvel world. He previously developed and served as showrunner on “The Punisher” Netflix series starring Jon Bernthal, which ran for two seasons before Disney decided to pull back all Marvel content onto their own streaming platforms. Most recently, he created and served as showrunner on the Apple TV+ series “Shantaram,” based on the book of the same name. His other credits include “Hannibal,” “Narcos,” and “Behind Her Eyes.”

Edited by Bosco685

Also in the works is Spider-Man Noir, where I’m told Nicolas Cage is in serious talks to take on the lead role on the series, which will be set in 1930s New York City. Sony declined to comment.

•  Nicolas Cage may reprise his role as Spider-Man Noir from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse .
  •  Spider-Man Noir operates in a gritty 1930s New York, offering a very different take on the colorful Spider-Man we know.
  •  Cage expressed his love for Spider-Man Noir and discussed the exciting mashup of classic inspiration with Stan Lee's iconic character.

Speaking with Collider's Steve Weintraub at SXSW 2024, where he was promoting his upcoming project, Arcadian, Cage was asked about the prospects of reprising his role — and it sounds very promising for fans of the actor's interpretation of the character. Confirming that he has had discussions over the role, Cage went on to explain what it was exactly that made him such a fan of the character.

"Well, I can say that we have been talking. It's no secret that I love the character. I think the character provides another mash up of sorts. I can combine my favorite golden age performances, i.e. Robinson, Cagney, Bogart, with a character that is, I guess, widely considered [to be] Stan Lee's masterpiece. I see it as a kind of foray into a pop art mash up of, sort of, a [Jungian] Lichtenstein, mash up by way of Bogart and Cagney, but nothing's definitive yet. It's just conversation."

It may land at the same door as The Mandalorian where Brendan Wayne is the main actor in the suit until they need Pedro Pascal to show his face. Since Noir never shows his face then Nic Cage would be a voice actor contributor.

The most key piece of that news:

"Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the producers of Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse animated movies, are overseeing Amazon’s Marvel franchise. The duo first brought the Spider-Man Noir character to screens with Spider-Verse and will exec produce Noir alongside showrunners Oren Uziel (22 Jump Street) and Steve Lightfoot (Netflix’s Marvel show, Punisher). Amy Pascal, who has a hand in all of Sony’s Spider-Man adaptations, will also be credited as an exec producer."