• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 62
1 1

5 posts in this topic

This one of my favorite Medusa covers and it is a super clean book and looks to be a super high grade except one real issue rust on the staples. It does not look that bad outside and inside their is rust at the centerfold but not a lot and not sure if any rust inside counts as rust migration (which Overstreet says highest grade you can receive is a 7.0). Still wondering if I can get a 8.5 or 9.0 with the rust or does this take it down several grades? 

Thank you for any insight.

asm62 1.jpeg

asm62 4.jpeg

asm62 3.jpeg

asm62 5.jpeg

asm62 6.jpeg

asm62 7.jpeg

asm62 8.jpeg

asm62 9.jpeg

asm62 10.jpeg

asm62 11.jpeg

asm62 12.jpeg

asm62 13.jpeg

asm62 14.jpeg

asm62 15.jpeg

Edited by Golden Pete

CGC's Guide says staple rust can get grades from 6.0-9.6 & rust stains are listed separately and treated more or less like any other stain. Their policy is all about severity, and more rust on the paper means lower grades. Not terribly surprising. This does not look bad to me, especially with the white cover. 8.5/9.0 seems like a reasonable expectation to me.