• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Team-Up 65 (1st US Captain Britain)
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Small (1/8"?) color breaking crease at top right corner, a couple of small spine ticks (as seen by my old eyes), minor color rub.

Without that corner crease the book (IMO) would have been in the NM- 9.2 - NM 9.4 range, however, a color breaking crease of any size is not permitted until you get to FN/VF 7.0 or VF- 7.5, the question then becomes, how much of a deduction in grade?

Since I do not have my books graded I cannot even begin to tell you how CGC views this crease on an otherwise very nice issue, if it were my book being graded and cataloged by me it would be graded at a VF+ 8.5 - VF/NM 9.0 with a note explaining that this book would have graded higher except for the color breaking crease. (For future reference)

FN/VF 7.0 -  Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases.

VF 8.0 - An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. 

VF/NM 9.0 - An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken.

NM- 9.2 - A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break.

NM 9.4 -  A 1/16" bend is permitted with no color break.