• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: FemForce 19
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Received this today after negotiating a decent price. I think the seller might have graded it too hard, or at least harder than a lot of online sellers do. 

For the uninitiated, this is the first professional artwork by Greg Horn. There are definitely a couple of light indentions that look pressable (e.g. in the dark demon-guy on the front cover). The most questionable part is some light soiling along the spine. IDK how easily that might come off, but it's not particularly obtrusive regardless.

PXL_20230213_191652524.jpg

PXL_20230213_191700476.jpg

PXL_20230213_191711434.jpg

PXL_20230213_191736230.jpg

PXL_20230213_191756586.jpg

Edited by scburdet

Looks to me like C&P will do wonders for this one--most of the defects I see seems like they will come out or at least be greatly reduced, including the soiling and the two spine indentations on the back. Hard to see the indentation on the front, but if it's where I think it is (to right of the demon guy's face?), seems fairly minor and also possibly pressable. I'm still not comfortable with giving grades for soiling/staining as I really haven't seen enough to feel confident in that regard. That said, post good C&P I could see 9.2/9.4? Corners are sharp and colors look great. Soiling is on white mostly, which bodes well I think. Curious what the seller put it as

My LCS owner/presser went to NYCC and was able to get this signed. GH was apparently pretty excited since it was only the 2nd one he'd seen this year (~1 dozen on census). I'm pretty sure the sig photo was taken with the book in the bag/sleeve after the signing. 

toy story claw machine GIF

image0.jpeg