• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Incredible Hulk 181
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Your book could defiantly benefit from a Clean & Press. I’d put it at a 6.5-7.0 (with a C&P). A great book in pretty much any grade and yours presents nicely! Thanks for sharing.

Since you're new, make sure you check that the Marvel Value Stamp isn't clipped. It's a common thing to happen. I'm going with 6.0/6.5. That bend at the spine is hard enough that I'm betting there will still be some residual evidence of it. If the stamp is clipped, it's still the same grade, but would get a green label and take a hit in value.

image.png.1ab34ae77064e0ebd27ddcfe95a836e4.png

Apologies in advance as I always seem to come in lower than a lot of other board members. I see some page quality issues especially the browning at the bottom edge. Also the soiling on back cover which may or may not be removable with expert help. This is not a book that any amateur cleaner should fiddle with, let's be clear on that. Overall with the soiling, creases and spine wear I'm seeing a 4.0 to 4.5 which may well clean & press to 5.0 or 5.5. 

On 2/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, scburdet said:

Since you're new, make sure you check that the Marvel Value Stamp isn't clipped. It's a common thing to happen. I'm going with 6.0/6.5. That bend at the spine is hard enough that I'm betting there will still be some residual evidence of it. If the stamp is clipped, it's still the same grade, but would get a green label and take a hit in value.

image.png.1ab34ae77064e0ebd27ddcfe95a836e4.png

It has the stamp so I assume that will be alright. Thank you for enlightening me on that.

If you're new to comics or have been left a collection recently it may be worth starting a new thread asking for a few recommendations for worthwhile comic websites to help you with an idea on values etc. I'll start off recommending mycomicshop.com as theres a wealth of info on there about artists and story arcs well as the books for sale. A great resource.