• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrating the work of Steve Ditko
2 2

95 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2023 at 6:20 AM, fett said:

amazingly these two books are Ditko's first work for Charlton, not the horror and sci-fi that became his bread and butter :)

Crime And Justice #18

CrimeAndJustice018-011.jpg

CrimeAndJustice018-012.jpg

CrimeAndJustice018-013.jpg

CrimeAndJustice018-014.jpg

CrimeAndJustice018-015.jpg

CrimeAndJustice018-016.jpg

CrimeAndJustice018-017.jpg

Wow, thanks for pointing that out!!! I don't know very much about his Charlton work and that's great info to have!!! Thanks again!!! (thumbsu

On 2/14/2023 at 1:22 AM, Frisco Larson said:

One thing I wanted to do with this thread is post pics of comic interiors! In this day of certification, we may not always know what's going on inside a particular comic book. 

This is the page 1 splash to Amazing Spider-Man #7. Oh, and here's the cover, as if you didn't know! :wink:

Amazing Spider-Man 7 splash.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 7.jpg

The main reason I don’t slab any of my books. I couldn’t not ever want to open a silver age book and not look at the work of these geniuses. Reprints just don’t do it for me. 

On 2/23/2023 at 3:04 PM, The lips said:

The main reason I don’t slab any of my books. I couldn’t not ever want to open a silver age book and not look at the work of these geniuses. Reprints just don’t do it for me. 

I completely understand that viewpoint and I have friends that feel the same way. I do as well but have both slabbed and raw books, in many cases, a copy of each.