• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Panic #1
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I am contemplating making this purchase but if you all can give me your opinions on this comic prior to purchasing it I will gratefully appreciate it. Here is the description the seller provided: Covers have creases and moderate edge wear with small tears/chips. The spine is heavily worn with splits/tears and tape. The cover is still attached at the top staple and centerfold attached at both staples. - I think the tape is not considered restoration. (Correct?)  Thanks to all who respond! 

pan1.jpg

pan2.jpg

pan3.jpg

pan4.jpg

pan5.jpg

pan6.jpg

pan7.jpg

pan8.jpg

pan9.jpg

pan10.jpg

pan11.jpg

The key consideration on this one is the integrity of the cover at the staples and along its spine.  Nothing else really matters (provided the book is complete).  Look carefully and ask: (1) would the cover be detached, if not for the tape repairs; and (2) would the cover spine be completely or mostly split, if not for the tape repairs.  I hesitate to offer a guess based on these rather small images, but here goes: 1.0 FR (cover detached & 100% split)  to 1.5 FR/GD.  :foryou:

CGC-Tape-v2.png.259dd71d53bd78eae6eec685dec0f81f.png

Yeah tape ain't resto but it looks like the cover is nearly completely split except near that miraculously still-attached top staple. 

1.0/1.5 and I'm leaning more towards the lower grade.

Thanks for posting.