• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Private Signing Events - will the artist sign OA or is it books only?

4 posts in this topic

This may be a no brainer, but couldn't find the answer on a search. I was wondering if CGC allows OA to be signed at their private signing events? I only see sketches and remarques for books. It would be awesome to get that hard to get sig for my art without having to go to fly out to a convention. 

I can tell you this...CGC does not encapsulate published original art, prelims included.

They can witness and encapsulate sketches, remarques and art prints...but they will not do published art.  They just send them back to you. 

You need to contact a facilitator.  They go to the conventions and get signatures on anything you want.  I've had facilitators get sigs and pick up commissions for me...it works. 

On 2/20/2023 at 9:05 PM, IceHole said:

I can tell you this...CGC does not encapsulate published original art, prelims included.

They can witness and encapsulate sketches, remarques and art prints...but they will not do published art.  They just send them back to you. 

You need to contact a facilitator.  They go to the conventions and get signatures on anything you want.  I've had facilitators get sigs and pick up commissions for me...it works. 

Thanks for the info Ice, good to know on the OA. I saw that during the Todd McFarlane signing event people submitted what appeared to be single 8x11 published pages and it was signed and encapsulated, e.g. a Venom page from Spider-man (seemed to be cut out?). That gave me some hope they may do smaller things like color guides or prelims but it sounds like you're saying that's a negative...

On 2/22/2023 at 10:50 AM, Hulkva said:

Thanks for the info Ice, good to know on the OA. I saw that during the Todd McFarlane signing event people submitted what appeared to be single 8x11 published pages and it was signed and encapsulated, e.g. a Venom page from Spider-man (seemed to be cut out?). That gave me some hope they may do smaller things like color guides or prelims but it sounds like you're saying that's a negative...

Like your baseball avatar🫡👏