• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Magazine-Sized Slabbed Bronze Age Comic Book Cover to Display
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Hello,

I started collecting comic books in the 1990's so I'm not as familiar with Bronze Age, but I'm looking to display a magazine-sized slab on my wall.

What beautiful / favorite covers do you recommend I check out? In general, my budget is about $500 to spend on this upcoming comic book (ideally a CGC grade of 9.0 or above).

Context: I love my comic book wall display of a variety of characters, comic book titles, and comic book publishers. This wall is also my background during work Zoom calls so I'm aiming for kid-friendly and work-friendly - no excessive violence or sexiness. 

Thanks!

image.jpg

Edited by Mewie
Specifying what kind of cover I'm seeking

In terms of Bronze magazine cover art there’s so much great material it’s hard to know what to recommend without knowing more of what you have in mind. 

As such, I would recommend taking your time to see what’s out there. 

Seems like from your wall you like X-men. There is this issue of Bizarre Adventures:

F3344279-41F6-4953-A2FE-0CE1CBC6B75F.jpeg.47d1c0e4f33d4f82cfb68865b6fbcc84.jpeg

Personally, this is one of my favorites:

3146095E-B8EE-41EB-B7E3-75A48AB308F2.jpeg.a9992dd8e3860592735ded51b80c7337.jpeg

On 2/17/2023 at 3:29 PM, Number 6 said:

In terms of Bronze magazine cover art there’s so much great material it’s hard to know what to recommend without knowing more of what you have in mind. 

As such, I would recommend taking your time to see what’s out there. 

Seems like from your wall you like X-men. There is this issue of Bizarre Adventures:

F3344279-41F6-4953-A2FE-0CE1CBC6B75F.jpeg.47d1c0e4f33d4f82cfb68865b6fbcc84.jpeg

Personally, this is one of my favorites:

3146095E-B8EE-41EB-B7E3-75A48AB308F2.jpeg.a9992dd8e3860592735ded51b80c7337.jpeg

Nice covers!

Yes, the request was quite vague but mainly because there's just so much I don't know so I'm actively looking to see what is out there that is beyond my usual interests (like X-men). For example, I came across The Last Ronin a few months ago since I missed the news of its initial launch and absolutely love it. It's also the reason why I need more magazine-sized slabs on my wall to help balance it out haha

The type of art/content I'm primarily looking for is something that inspires me to be creative. I'm an illustrator-in-training so I take advantage of nostalgia and amazing illustrations to get the energy going - plus, if I can relate to the comic more so, they can be great conversation starters with people I'm on a Zoom call with. 

Thank you so much! Love the recommendations and advice.😍

Edited by Mewie
Adding more context about the art I seek

On 2/21/2023 at 2:14 PM, batmiesta said:

It commands a premium, rightly or wrongly. 

I just researched the prices. Yikes... that's a bit out of my price range for mounted displays haha But I love discovering new collectibles like this. May have to add that to my long-term wishlist 😅

On 2/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, Pizza Boy said:

https://www.comics.org/series/2260/covers/

If you like Moon Knight, #21 is a great cover.

That's cool cover and yes, Moon Knight is growing on me, especially because of the Disney+ show. 

The only thing I don't like about this cover and several covers from the Bronze age... the "damsels in distress" (especially Conan) is not my cup of tea haha

I finally finished that "This Week in Your Magazine Collection" thread (took me HOURS) and there some great ones I'm eyeing.

Rampaging Hulk 9 is definitely on my radar. But going to see what key comics are out there too that may have an eye-popping cover.

image.thumb.png.b221f9a937e5e185b188e8bd98658610.png

On 2/21/2023 at 10:39 PM, Mewie said:

That's cool cover and yes, Moon Knight is growing on me, especially because of the Disney+ show. 

The only thing I don't like about this cover and several covers from the Bronze age... the "damsels in distress" (especially Conan) is not my cup of tea haha

I finally finished that "This Week in Your Magazine Collection" thread (took me HOURS) and there some great ones I'm eyeing.

Rampaging Hulk 9 is definitely on my radar. But going to see what key comics are out there too that may have an eye-popping cover.

image.thumb.png.b221f9a937e5e185b188e8bd98658610.png

Waiting for mine to come back from CGC, a year and counting.