• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Whizzer

13 posts in this topic

Mix up about him being his and Wanda’s father, but in the end he wasn’t.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/18/2023 at 6:56 PM, NoMan said:

Don’t know why I thought of The Whizzer, but I did. Was he Quicksilver’s dad or Uncle or cousin or something?

No. He was a Golden Age character to start with who has the awesome origin of being in the jungle with his Scientist father and gets bitten by a poisonous cobra or some kind of deadly snake.

His scientist Dad then has the completely natural response to save his life by giving him a blood transfusion from a Mongoose. As one would.

This in turn gives him super speed.... he becomes a member of the All Winners Squad I believe.

Years later, Roy Thomas brings him back- it's at first that he is THOUGHT to be the father to Wanda and Pietro.

In the 1980s', they know by then that Magneto is their real father but the Whizzer is sort of sad and lonely so before he dies Wanda allows him to believe still that he's their father. I haven't read those stories since I was 12 or so, but that's what I recall.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:33 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

All-Winners Comics 003-035(AnPymGold-Empire).jpg

A costume heavily influenced by Dr Fate’s.

Edited by Ken Aldred

He would always leave his mark in the snow  :blush: