• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine Limited Series #4
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Need a little help with my Wolverine Limited Series issue #4. Trying to determine if it is worth having it graded given the odd cut of the book. Any experience here with a similarly cut book and what grade to expect?

Here's a video run through:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/57xwVfVsD7DFv8UH7

and my scans:

342075316_WolverineLimited4-1.thumb.jpg.4ca335752f1ed3b70ad058f0fde78e32.jpg

966602845_WolverineLimited4-2.thumb.jpg.f04e32b98577119289d733e43fe173ce.jpg

I see something to the right of LEGO on the spine. As for the miscut that's a production defect & treated differently. With production defects that are slight, it can have no impact on the grade. When the production defects start to impact the aesthetics of the book, then you will start to see reductions. I would go with 9.0/9.2 as this really looks like the publisher bar is going downhill. I have a Wolverine 1 (graded a long time ago) with a miscut at 9.2 & recently got a 9.0 on another book that the wrap was off & no notes about other defects.1/4" is the range where they start to ding miswraps, and I'll get it's in that same neighborhood with other cover production defects.