• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I determine the value of the comic when submitting an order?

6 posts in this topic

Sorry to bother everyone, but I’m trying to get my Eastman and Lairds TMNT #1 second print graded.

in the submission form there are different prices depending on the comics value, but I’m finding wildly different prices on the comic. Some as little as $200 and some as much as 5k. Any help would be appreciated :)

Cool book (and one that's relatively scarce).  (thumbsu

A basic "rule" that applies to virtually all collectibles is that value depends on condition grade.  Hence, your first task is to estimate your copy's condition grade.  Don't have enough experience to do that?  No problem!  Simply launch a thread in the PGM/Spare-a-Grade Forum and several good estimates of grade will follow.  Be certain to read and adhere to the PGM Forum Guidelines before posting.  Good luck!  :foryou:

Edited by zzutak

On 2/20/2023 at 4:23 PM, zzutak said:

Cool book (and one that's relatively scarce).  (thumbsu

A basic "rule" that applies to virtually all collectibles is that value depends on condition grade.  Hence, your first task is to estimate your copy's condition grade.  Don't have enough experience to do that?  No problem!  Simply launch a thread in the PGM/Spare-a-Grade Forum and several good estimates of grade will follow.  Be certain to read and adhere to the PGM Forum Guidelines before posting.  Good luck!  :foryou:

Oh ok awesome! Thank you for taking the time to let me know how to get the ball rolling.

On 2/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, zzutak said:

A basic "rule" that applies to virtually all collectibles is that value depends on condition grade.  Hence, your first task is to estimate your copy's condition grade Don't have enough experience to do that? 

Makes absolutely no sense at all to expect ME to do that when that is exactly what I am paying CGC to do.  :screwy:

So, you are saying that they want ME to do the job which I am paying THEM to do?  (:

On the plus side, there's a pretty good chance that after going through the finger bender and the spine ticker before grading and encapsulation that your books will be worth less than you thought they were anyway.