• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disappointed with Preorders from Mycomicshop.com
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2023 at 9:51 PM, Cephusdog said:

Thank you very much for the update, Conan. I have to admit, a part of me still thinks there is something to the tape failing, as someone else also stepped forward and even the tape on my replacement shipment last month was torn on several sides and that package was otherwise immaculate, But after the testing I'm hopeful that I've just been very, very unlucky these past 2 out of my 5 months of preorders with heavier shipments. I truly appreciate your customer service and vigilance for my orders and that's all I can ask for.

To repeat,. (edit) I'll note that in my case the tape has torn at the bottom edges of the boxes for every large shipment. As I previously wrote, I have been fortunate that it has not completely torn in any of them. Due to that bit of luck, I have not contacted MCS concerning this matter but will do so today so that, if nothing else, MCS is aware of it. Lastly, I'll add that I reside in MD and perhaps the trip the boxes take from TX to the east coast with UPS' rough handling (the boxes usually have dented corners) causes the tape to tear.

Edit: I just contacted MCS.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Change "." to "," and contact made.

Thanks, Tec-Tac-Toe--I was forwarded your email by our CS and appreciation the confirmation of what you're seeing.

One further thing we figured out since yesterday that we're going to look at--our understanding is that in the case of these damaged shipments, the box was taped lengthwise across the mid-seam, but not perpendicularly at either end. One possibility is that one of the people handling the box on its way to you is picking up the box by sticking their fingers between the ends of the box and the top flaps and lifting by just the top flaps--which would definitely put a ton of strain on the tape. For the size/weight boxes where we think this is an issue, we're going to look at where we need to add perpendicular strips of tape at the ends to prevent the boxes from being picked up that way. Don't know for sure that's the problem but this should help.

On 2/28/2023 at 11:00 AM, mycomicshop said:

One possibility is that one of the people handling the box on its way to you is picking up the box by sticking their fingers between the ends of the box and the top flaps and lifting by just the top flaps--which would definitely put a ton of strain on the tape.

As someone who used to work 12-hour (unloading) truck days, we would pick boxes up like this almost every time if it was an option.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:00 PM, Cephusdog said:

To clarify, this is what I see on my boxes. 

69878008052__0026EAF9-2C0E-4A0C-8EC4-9F281897ECC0.jpg

69878006643__5F1407F8-E209-48F7-9300-E7AA25C73AA6.jpg

That is what occurs to the tape at the bottom edges of the heavier boxes that I have received. To my recollection, the tape on the top edges is typically still intact and holding however loosely.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

That is what occurs to the tape at the bottom edges of the heavier boxes that I have received. To my recollection, the tape on the top edges is typically still intact and holding however loosely.

The photos showed both sides of the bottom of the box that completely tore open on the top and was re-taped. I can see some creasing on one side possibly indicating that they were indeed grabbing the flaps of both the bottom and the tops. If MCS does tape the flaps perpendicularly, then I'm guessing that would help solve the issue. It certainly would make me feel better about my chances of receiving undamaged shipments.