• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any "promo issue" comics that are considered canon?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2023 at 12:53 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Oh yeah, I guess you're right, I always think of them in the same vein as the Titans drug awareness book, but they were actually fundraiser books.

Your question is an interesting one.  I’d assume that these awareness giveaways exist in a universe of their own....hm

Protector, the character introduced for the New Teen Titans anti-drug specials, has had a couple of cameo appearances in real books, so I think technically those must be either canon or at least canon-adjacent.

Fun fact: That character only exists at all because of a licensing conflict. Keebler co-sponsored the anti-drug PSA, which was otherwise going to feature Robin. However, at the time, Robin was licensed out to Nabisco for an advertising campaign and so obviously couldn't appear in a work paid for by their competitor!