• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 252 (Canadian)
2 2

5 posts in this topic

First off I want to say thank you to everyone on this forum that submits pictures for grading, and then follows up by posting the final results.  I would also like to thank everyone that offers their grading input. I have mostly been a lurker as I polish my grading skills and gear up for my first CGC submission.  This forum has been extremely helpful.  Before I do submit I will post PGM requests so that I can follow up with final results and hopefully help others in the same way. 

This first book was one I had pulled to submit but now I am on the fence.  The scans really make the colour rub on the spine (it's not a crease) look worse than when I look at it in hand...but now I can't unsee it.  I also see three to four colour breaking ticks on each side now.  Prior to the scan I thought there was only one.  It's still a very nice comic but it may not make the cut this time.

ASM 252 F.jpg

ASM 252 B.jpg

Edited by Cerebus3000

I'll check my CGC guide later, but my guess is that this will be treated almost like a crease b/c of how long & noticeable it is. I'm throwing out a 7.5. It's also rumored that this book is treated a little harshly by CGC b/c it's one of several that is "over-submitted" 

7.0/7.5

CGC sees a lot of these books including a lot in very high grade. That creasing near the spine is going to hurt this copy.

Thanks for posting.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, Cerebus3000 said:

First off I want to say thank you to everyone on this forum that submits pictures for grading, and then follows up by posting the final results.  I would also like to thank everyone that offers their grading input. I have mostly been a lurker as I polish my grading skills and gear up for my first CGC submission.  This forum has been extremely helpful.  Before I do submit I will post PGM requests so that I can follow up with final results and hopefully help others in the same way. 

BTW, ^^