• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas Silver Age 10/56 forward
2 2

208 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2023 at 1:14 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

@N e r V started one ages ago here in Silaver IIRC, but I think it's buried.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:11 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I wasn't sure, so I searched and didn't come up with anything. I saw somewhere something about old threads being archived. That could be what happened there.  (shrug)

I did. It didn’t get much traction so I went back to posting anything Atlas back in the GA thread like others do. There are so many runs that go from GA to SA in Atlas as a collector I collect Atlas as a total group and don’t think much of dividing them up. The code issues are a bit different with a less violent tone replaced with a more Twilight Zone vibe. So different ways of enjoying them in that respect. If I did divide them as Atlas to Marvel maybe the 1957 implosion would make the most sense as a marker because that to me was the end of what was Atlas and from its ashes would emerge the modern Marvel comics. By mid 1958 Joe Maneely was dead and with that signaled the end of Atlas for good. Everett would depart not much later too. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:51 PM, buttock said:

A thread that needed to be created.  A lot of these don't fit well in either the GA or SA.  

My feelings exactly!  (thumbsu  People can muddy the timeline up a bit, no reason to have a hard line. I threw out 10/56 as a guideline but it's approximate and I welcome seeing books from before that date as well. Speaking of posting, good LORD man!!! :whatthe:  I'm like a kid in a candy store looking at your posts!!! :banana:  VERY well done!!!