• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas Silver Age 10/56 forward
2 2

208 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2023 at 11:46 PM, Frisco Larson said:

My feelings exactly!  (thumbsu  People can muddy the timeline up a bit, no reason to have a hard line. I threw out 10/56 as a guideline but it's approximate and I welcome seeing books from before that date as well. Speaking of posting, good LORD man!!! :whatthe:  I'm like a kid in a candy store looking at your posts!!! :banana:  VERY well done!!! 

I'm not sure where the boundaries end.  The code until FF1 is reasonable, but there's definitely overlap on both sides.  Regardless, they're cool books, and some of my favorites.  

On 2/28/2023 at 6:34 AM, buttock said:

I'm not sure where the boundaries end.  The code until FF1 is reasonable, but there's definitely overlap on both sides.  Regardless, they're cool books, and some of my favorites.  

The first book to carry the Marvel comics “MC” logo was Journey into Mystery #69 cover dated June 1961 if I remember correctly.

3E37432A-0481-4AEE-B37E-1963469BEF73.thumb.jpeg.e3f7c137db00d58aaa8abdc16a91a56d.jpeg

On 2/28/2023 at 8:34 AM, buttock said:

Well like I said in the opening post of this thread, I grabbed 10/56 because that's the line a lot of people think started the Silver Age and I just let the cover of the comic decide the end point, which is if it has the tiny MC in a box (see pic below), it's a Marvel at that point (that is also the decider for CGCs label designation). Once again, blur the lines all you want, just keep posting those cool comics!!!  :banana:

Tales to Astonish 36 6.5 ow-w (2).jpg

On 2/28/2023 at 1:29 PM, N e r V said:

The first book to carry the Marvel comics “MC” logo was Journey into Mystery #69 cover dated June 1961 if I remember correctly.

3E37432A-0481-4AEE-B37E-1963469BEF73.thumb.jpeg.e3f7c137db00d58aaa8abdc16a91a56d.jpeg

Actually, it's a weird month (cover dating) for Marvel, as it's a transitional month. This JIM and Patsy Walker 95, along with Life with Millie #11 and Tales to Astonish #20 all change to the circle price bubble we're all familiar with (while the rest of the line doesn't change that month), but only the JIM and Patsy Walker have the tiny MC in the box.