• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Postage Rates and PirateShip
1 1

6 posts in this topic

After reading about PirateShip on here, I tried it and liked it...but I figured the new postage rates were going to be a mess. What seems to be pretty good is the Cubic rates. Priority Cubic is only up to .5 of a cubic Ft but there is another one, 

Parcel Select Ground Cubic

I just mailed a 15x12x8.5" 12 lb package completely across the Country from me, diagonally across, which I figure is about as far as you can go for  less than $17.00. It comes with tracking and it seems like a very reasonable alternative to Media mail (which keeps saying it excludes comics).

Anyone else try it?

Edited by skypinkblu

On 2/27/2023 at 3:34 PM, skypinkblu said:

Anyone else try it?

I haven't had the opportunity to yet, but I did see that PirateShip was touting the "cubic" rates as a good replacement for the old regional boxes.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:56 PM, ttfitz said:

I haven't had the opportunity to yet, but I did see that PirateShip was touting the "cubic" rates as a good replacement for the old regional boxes.

actually they are much cheaper than the old regional boxes, not as fast as priority, but a Regional box B cross country was costing me more than $20 before the price changes and this was a MUCH bigger box.