• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noobie looking for help!
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Please check out the thread guidelines. 1 book/post w/front & back photos and 3 books/day limit.

I don't know WoW comics, but my brief research suggests getting a lot of these graded will be a large expense with little chance of adding value. If these were in pristine condition with a shot of getting a bunch of 9.8s—maybe. From what I can see generally, you are likely to be paying more per book to grade than their FMV.

These comics were obviously read and loved.  They exhibit what I consider to be normal wear for comics that were moderately well taken care of.

The wear at the corners, edges and spines of these books indicates grades ranging from 8.5 to maybe a 9.4 on one of them.

DO NOT SLAB THEM.

You would be wasting an absolute fortune. Pressing will not help these books because the reading wear breaks color.

If you love the series and want to get into graded books - buy a couple already graded - they should be cheap, relatively. 

Buy a couple 9.8s.  Check out what they look like compared to your copies.

Learn how to grade to CGC specifications, and then you can start hunting raw copies and subbing them yourself.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:58 PM, grendelbo said:

What I miss? :popcorn:

about 1/2 dozen World of Warcraft books around the 9ish. Good for a WoW lover, not great candidates for CGC grading at the cost/book. Probably good candidates for your frequent suggestion of Mylar toploaders