• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: PGM Conan the Barbarian #14
1 1

6 posts in this topic

My Conan #14 (1st appearance of Elric) is an oddity. It has an extra set of stapes holding the cover on. I'm almost positive it came straight from the printer that way as there are no slits on the cover where the staples that bind the interior are located, and with some limited research I did, this was an occasional practice by the printer if there was a quota to make on the books and the first run did not meet that they would go through the rejects and manually bind additional units that might have been cast off. Any idea what kind of grade it might get?

1098322155_ConantheBarbarian14-1.thumb.jpg.27ce6f227f36020b07648e0b42223a53.jpg

148208597_ConantheBarbarian14-2.thumb.jpg.775def401278cb960808cb33bf552fc1.jpg

Edited by atticus.fetch

Looks like it missed out on a cover first time around but was made up for by a second pass. Likely a bunch ended up like that as it wouldn't be worth a machine minders time doing it for one. I'll go 6.5 here. Wouldn't be my first choice if a 'regular' copy was also on offer. But miles better than my left out in the rain example!