• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

determining "value" when submitting

2 posts in this topic

When submitting a book for grading, how do I determine what the price is?  Is it the raw value pre-grading or is it the post-graded value?  I may have a raw book worth $375 that becomes worth $1200 once it is slabbed.  If I go with the $375 value then it fits into the Modern tier but if I go with the graded value, it goes into the standard tier.  I'm just looking for some clarification.  Thanks.

• Administrator

Hello @morbius21, thank you for contacting CGC. The value we ask for is an insurance value, the amount you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if the book was lost or damaged. Each tier of service covers up to a maximum specified insurance level, select the tier of service which will accommodate the declared value for your item. These can be viewed online at Services and Fees.

A couple of really good websites that may help determine the value of your book are:

GPAnalysis

Comic Books: Buy, Sell, Trade, Consign, Collect | MyComicShop

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!