• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scooby-Doo/Hanna-Barbera Fan? Check out Propstore's Takamoto Foundation Online Charity Animation Auction - Closes April 4, 2023

4 posts in this topic

I wanted to alert everyone to this new animation original art auction we just launched at Propstore.  If you're a fan of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons, you'll appreciate this auction which features 145 lots from the personal collection of famed Disney and Hanna-Barbera creator/animator, Iwao Takamoto who among other things was known for co-creating Scooby-Doo.  The proceeds for the auction will be donated to fund the Iwao Takamoto Scholarship at Ringling College, one of the premiere art colleges in Sarasota, FL (with alumni like Mike Zeck).   

This auction is a great way to support the next generation of artists and at the same time take home a piece from a classic illustrator. There are over 60 lots of hand-drawn sketches from Takamoto that are pretty fantastic and likely some of the last art he drew before he passed away in 2007.  

Please check out the auction here:

https://propstoreauction.com/auctions/info/id/357

image.png.27a44f2db49b8d5d74d134d29d485bd5.png

image.png.e4a4492d0b929f96fd1c55ff6b6b45db.pngimage.png.405da6819ba59af9a6d1d96df6bbd3e9.pngimage.png.12d06e7577a40a043b7626947a0f9cfb.png

Just  reminder that this auction is coming to a close on Tuesday, April 4th.  It's a great way to give back and get something cool for your collection. And, there are still a lot of cool lots starting at just $100.

For those interested in learning more, check out this CAF auction preview:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRoHWvphGUY

Thank you to all who participated in Propstore's latest auction and supported the Takamoto Foundation and Ringling College. Some of the top results:

Framed and Signed Scooby Doo  “WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION” Limited Edition Cel HC #5/20 ($4,687.50 w/ BP)

Framed and Signed William Hanna and Joe Barbera Lifetime Achievement Tribute Limited Edition Lithograph #10/15 ($4,375 w/BP)

Framed and Signed "SCOOBY-DOO - WHERE ARE YOU!" Limited Edition Serigraph HC #12/25 with Framed and Signed "SCOOBY MEETS IWAO" Print ($4,062.50 w/ BP)

Framed and Signed "GET WELL SOON IWAO" Hanna-Barbera Hand-Painted Cel ($4,062.50 w/ BP)

Framed and Signed "40 YEARS OF HANNA-BARBERA CARTOONS" Limited Edition Cel HC #5/20 ($3,750 w/ BP)

Framed and Signed Scooby-Doo "MYSTERY MASK MIX UP" Limited Edition Cel HC #1/10 ($3,750 w/ BP)

Framed and Signed Scooby-Doo “A TIKI SCARE IS NO FAIR” Limited Edition Cel HC #3/10 ($3,750 w/ BP)

On 3/8/2023 at 2:47 AM, comiconxion said:

I wanted to alert everyone to this new animation original art auction we just launched at Propstore.  If you're a fan of the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons, you'll appreciate this auction which features 145 lots from the personal collection of famed Disney and Hanna-Barbera creator/animator, Iwao Takamoto who among other things was known for co-creating Scooby-Doo.  The proceeds for the auction will be donated to fund the Iwao Takamoto Scholarship at Ringling College, one of the premiere art colleges in Sarasota, FL (with alumni like Mike Zeck).   

This auction and this source https://samploon.com/free-essays/friendship/ is a great way to support the next generation of artists and at the same time take home a piece from a classic illustrator. There are over 60 lots of hand-drawn sketches from Takamoto that are pretty fantastic and likely some of the last art he drew before he passed away in 2007.  

Please check out the auction here:

That's so cool opportunity! I loved Scooby-Doo when I was a kid and now I really want something related for my collection. Hope to try myself on such an auction soon!

Edited by Psychiasis