• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 101
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Small crease on the BRFC & it seems like a stain in the UPC box. The stain is going to hold this down. I call this an 8.5/9.0 with the crease, but CGC seems to be treating stains harshly, so I'm guessing this might top out around a 7.0

I was worried about the stain. Thank you guys for responding. Out of curiosity, do you think there's a chance that the CCS press might remove the stain? It mentions that they clean the book. As this is my first time submitting a book to CGC so not sure what to expect. Thank you again!

On 3/9/2023 at 8:55 PM, scburdet said:

Small crease on the BRFC & it seems like a stain in the UPC box. The stain is going to hold this down. I call this an 8.5/9.0 with the crease, but CGC seems to be treating stains harshly, so I'm guessing this might top out around a 7.0

This right here, because of the stain mostly. I don't think a press and clean would do much here other than improving presentation. 

On 3/10/2023 at 12:20 PM, Charlie07 said:

I was worried about the stain. Thank you guys for responding. Out of curiosity, do you think there's a chance that the CCS press might remove the stain? It mentions that they clean the book. As this is my first time submitting a book to CGC so not sure what to expect. Thank you again!

CCS does a very quick wipe down of the book. Their cleaning if done at all is a dry clean which does not remove stains. In general, removing a stain is not possible unless selecting an approach that is much more invasive. Some independent pressers and cleaners will do this but they can be expensive and in the case of this book, likely not worth doing.