• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Star-Studded Comics 16
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Here's one to keep you entertained on a Friday night if you're the kind of person, like me, whose most exciting Friday night plans are grading comics online. This follows up on the SSC 8 I posted earlier. Interestingly, I've reached out to several creators recently to find information on early/obscure books. EVERY SINGLE ONE has responded, and more quickly than I get responses to work emails I send. Anyway, Al Milgrom confirmed J Star from issue 8 was Starlin. Starlin uses a slightly different pseudonym here. This one is from 1969, so a 20ish year old Starlin. The issue 8 was 3 years earlier. Milgrom would have been 15/16 & Starlin might have been 17. Crazy. 

StarStuddedCOmics-16.jpg

StarStuddedCOmics-16rev.jpg

PXL_20230310_182007303.jpg

On 3/10/2023 at 6:11 PM, Mars76 said:

white mark

it's some loss of surface material. Hard to say what to call it, especially for a semi-professional production. It's not a tear or a chip out though.

And I just have to say that the very high grade, scarce indie books you've been posting lately have been very impressive. I have no idea where you're finding these, but keep doing what you're doing. Also, I'm not jealous.