• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Mad #1 Added! — Captain America Comics #48 cgc 1.0 Blue is sold
1 1

22 posts in this topic

5 Simple Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

1st :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: Via USPS Priority is included in the price.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime, except no returns on graded books.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

Captain America Comics #48 cgc 1.0 brittle pages (per slab; I am not the submitter and never handled the actual book, so I can’t elaborate on PQ designation.)

That said, we have a beautiful-presenting 1945 Schomburg cover. While this late war-era book does not have a war cover, it’s a cult classic cover for some New Yorkers as Cap and Bucky bust the bad guys in the New York Subway.

$800 shipped within U.S.

E23CA58D-49D2-4552-8B17-ACCF95011B27.jpeg

9F0EC25B-C927-4EB3-ABBC-8FDE303841DA.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Wrong pic

A 5.0 blue went $1500 on eBay recently (Jan. 2) and a 5.0 purple (three edges trimmed, tear seals, glue) went $900 yesterday on Heritage (see pic). A raw described as Fair (less attractive presentation; sizable section of back cover missing) went $630 on HA in January 2021; those are my best data points I can find on price range.

02C5935F-0335-43F0-A2FB-2408D3D1E720.png

Edited by Readcomix

On 3/14/2023 at 12:38 AM, Readcomix said:

Open to reasonable offers, general tomfoolery, drive-by threadkraps, rumors of Elvis or Abe Vigoda sightings, and oblique references to vaguely erotic paranormal experiences! (thumbsu

@lizards2 - you check most of these boxes.  What you got?

On 3/14/2023 at 5:58 AM, SkOw said:

@lizards2 - you check most of these boxes.  What you got?

The ghost of Abe Vigoda was over for a liaison last night, so I guess you're spot on. :shiftyeyes:

This next book is a cgc .5 on the same flaws as the Cap 48 — brittleness and interior splitting, BUT this one I submitted myself and thought would get a 1.0 complete but brittle/slightly brittle for the split interior wraps. I leafed it eight times before submitting, to read and check pages due to the loose leafs (cover and outer wraps intact, staples intact) and thought 1.0. I even appealed it, but they disagreed. So we agree to disagree but the slab says .5.

So here it is, complete; but cgc 0.5 Brittle….