• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

recent opinions on eBay International Shipping, replacement for Global Shipping Program?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2023 at 12:36 PM, october said:

I've shipped a bunch of combined orders through GSP without a problem, but maybe I broke the rules. Or did they allow combined shipping to the distribution center, but not combined to the end buyer?

when we ship, the orders are combined but the buyer pays for separate shipping charges unless you have combined ordering set up in a store (I do not since some items ship under different types priority, first class etc)

On 3/14/2023 at 4:36 AM, october said:

I've shipped a bunch of combined orders through GSP without a problem, but maybe I broke the rules. Or did they allow combined shipping to the distribution center, but not combined to the end buyer?

In my experience they will unpack the items and repackage into separate parcels before on sending it. In my case I'd ordered model kits and asked the seller to put the kits all in one box (I'm a builder, not a collector) so it was a godawful mess when I got three packages with some random mix of parts in each - and several key bits missing.

The lack of ability to combine postage pretty much killed off eBay as a site for international purchases for me, so I haven't tried the new system. Maybe I'll have another look.

The GSP was incredibly expensive as an Aussie. It was a massive turnoff, and stopped me buying items many times, when I found a reasonably priced item but the shipping just blew out the price so much that the deal was now in the realm of the ridiculous, and I was saving nothing, only losing. It was marginally okay, I had a few packages go missing, but all eventually turned up okay. Not what I'd call a great experience from that point of view, but not terrible either. Overall though, I'm glad it's gone.

Losing combined shipping has also hurt my spending habits, as it's cut my ability to spread the shipping costs out and make it more reasonable on a per item basis. That's a huge negative, and again, has affected my spending on ebay

I'm shopping more locally on ebay, and if eBay Oz doesn't have it, well, I guess it just doesn't exist right now. 

Greetings, I found GSP to Canada to be reasonably priced and reliable--but not always speedy.  These were books and comics in the $50 to $200 range. More expensive items I kept on USPS Priority for shipping insurance protection.