• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #66
2 2

13 posts in this topic

According to the CGC guide, writing on can lead to a grade of 4.0–9.8 depending on what it is, and where it is. 4.0/4.5 for this kind of writing I'd wager. It's also consistent with the rest of the book. Without the writing it still looks like a 5.0, maybe stretch that to a 5.5 with a really effective C/P, but the writing is going to cap it regardless on other improvements.

On 3/14/2023 at 2:22 PM, Mars76 said:

This is what I was thinking. Do you think the writing caps it there regardless like the other poster or would a cnp help it? I gotta say, personally, I don't mind the writing too much. It's relevant to the issue, not a bunch of scribbles, and confined to a small area outside of any artwork. I'd personally rather have this than a random kid's name. lol 

On 3/14/2023 at 7:35 PM, Mars76 said:

I dont think the writing affects the book much in this grade. What caps it for me is the water stain in the middle of the back spine and all the creasing. I think after a good cnp this book might get a 5.5-6.0.

Awesome, might be worth a try then. For what it's worth, I think the mark on the back you're referring to is actually scuffing, not water damage? Not sure if that makes it better or worse though? lol 

Edited by SolidShredder

Hey guys, couple of things. Was just examining this issue, it's my first silver age Spidey, and decided to count the pages just to make sure. I counted 32 then I checked the comics.org database and it says 36. Are they including the front and back cover? Does anyone here know how many pages a silver age Spidey like 66 is supposed to have? Also, I checked out the stain on the back while I was at it. It turns out I was wrong, it's not scuffing, but it also doesn't look like water damage either. It's still really smooth and shiny in that area. No rippling or rough texture or anything and it looks a whole lot lighter in person than in the picture. It kinda seems like it's foxxing. Anyone have any insight into that? Is that possible? Just seems a little weird for it to be localized in just one spot. It does have those tiny dots coming off of it though, like foxxing sometimes does. Thanks!

On 3/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, SolidShredder said:

Awesome, that's a relief lol . Do you have any insight into the possible foxxing? Ever seen any that looks like that? 

(shrug) Only that paper ages.