• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Books, 3 Signings on different days; One submission?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

C2E2 Convention is around the corner and I'm planning on getting 3 books signed from 3 different actors. This is my first time getting books signed and CGC witness so I'm not entirely sure of the process. Is it possible to get each book signed on different days, but have them submitted on one submission?

On 3/14/2023 at 7:43 AM, paullam15 said:

C2E2 Convention is around the corner and I'm planning on getting 3 books signed from 3 different actors. This is my first time getting books signed and CGC witness so I'm not entirely sure of the process. Is it possible to get each book signed on different days, but have them submitted on one submission?

If you yourself are going yourself to the convention it should be fine, just make sure you inform the cgc booth 

On 3/14/2023 at 1:56 PM, revat said:

If you yourself are going yourself to the convention it should be fine, just make sure you inform the cgc booth 

Yes, I'll be going to the convention myself. If I get a book signed on one day and I have second signing for another book the next day. I'm assuming I'll have to return the first signed book to CGC and they will hold it until the remaining books are signed before submitting all as one submission?

On 3/15/2023 at 8:49 AM, paullam15 said:

Yes, I'll be going to the convention myself. If I get a book signed on one day and I have second signing for another book the next day. I'm assuming I'll have to return the first signed book to CGC and they will hold it until the remaining books are signed before submitting all as one submission?

Typically you have to have a witness go with you for each book and once its signed they take it back to the booth to hold til you are completely done. When you tell them all the books you have are signed and you're ready is typically when they will do the paperwork and charge you their fees and the grading fees. At least at the ones I have done grading at with CGC that seemed to be the way things operated. Could be slightly different depending on the group but I have not encountered any cons where what you are asking to be done couldn't be done.