• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.8 vs other grades
4 4

83 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2023 at 5:50 PM, grendel013 said:

I stopped caring and I'm submitting EVERYTHING. Some of them had detached middle pages and value stamps cut (in one case ripped) out and I don't care. I'm buying raw books from the 5 LCSs near me and submitting every single one that I pick up. Not cleaning. Not pressing. I'm just going for the slab. Golden Age to Modern. I don't care about keys either. I just want a badass cover.

um... well, please come back in a few months when you realize how much money you spent wastefully.  Getting your books slabbed does help sell them. The grade will be trusted in a slab.  BUT --many comics are just not worth slabbing because the cost to slab and ship there and back is MORE than the comic is or will ever be worth.  Please do the math and research and dont just send them off to be slabbed unless you leave yourself a CHANCE to at least break even!

On 3/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, valiantman said:

That's it. (thumbsu

I did put "favorite" in quotes, though, because there are also a few other books where I have done something similar.

I would have guessed Magnus 1 based on your History of CGC slab labels page