• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Famous Crimes #15
2 2

8 posts in this topic

my suspicion here is that pressing wouldn't boost the grade much, and would not be risk free given how the structure of the spine/staples appears in the photos. It would definitely look better if the cover/pages could be squared up with pressing. I see at least a 4.5, but a 5.0/5.5 is a possibility b/c GA books seem to get allowances b/c the methods of production were dicey (although it looks to me like the spine roll here is from handling).

On 3/14/2023 at 11:50 PM, scburdet said:

my suspicion here is that pressing wouldn't boost the grade much, and would not be risk free given how the structure of the spine/staples appears in the photos. It would definitely look better if the cover/pages could be squared up with pressing. I see at least a 4.5, but a 5.0/5.5 is a possibility b/c GA books seem to get allowances b/c the methods of production were dicey (although it looks to me like the spine roll here is from handling).

Good call about the risk of damage. Although, if you send it to a reputable presser, they should examine the book first and decline to press if they think it's likely to cause further damage.