• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping to US auction houses from Canada
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I've decided to send a small consignment of books to get auctioned off and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to fill out the customs form so the auction house doesn't get hit with customs charges since they aren't the buyers... (shrug) It's my first time doing this... Search was no help.

I've sent some books 100 to 200 books to Comiclink from Canada. I sent it via FedEx or Canada Post. I believe I filled out the forms as "commercial not sold" for stuff going to auction. With respect to value, I tend to be on the low side ($200) as I felt a higher value package attracts thieves. Values are subjective anyways. There also seems to be minimal insurance available when crossing the border. I also make sure that "country of origin" for the product is USA. So far, Comiclink has never received customs charges. My first set of books was worrying. But it's always worked out. Hope that helps.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:19 PM, dikran said:

I've decided to send a small consignment of books to get auctioned off and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to fill out the customs form so the auction house doesn't get hit with customs charges since they aren't the buyers... (shrug) It's my first time doing this... Search was no help.

How many books are you sending down and with what method.

The main issue is if you declare over $2500 for the books, customs may ask you for stuff such as the recipient's EIN number (US tax number) and some people don't want to give it. 

As I ship FedEx to ComicLink and I include their EIN in the paperwork when I ship, there's no issue, as I've filled out the customs form many times.

But like the other person said, if you choose to declare a value under $2500, there really shouldn't be a delay but your mileage may vary with respect to issues such as insurance and coverage. 

On 3/15/2023 at 8:10 PM, greggy said:

How many books are you sending down and with what method.

The main issue is if you declare over $2500 for the books, customs may ask you for stuff such as the recipient's EIN number (US tax number) and some people don't want to give it. 

As I ship FedEx to ComicLink and I include their EIN in the paperwork when I ship, there's no issue, as I've filled out the customs form many times.

But like the other person said, if you choose to declare a value under $2500, there really shouldn't be a delay but your mileage may vary with respect to issues such as insurance and coverage. 

It’s 14 books via FedEx Ground intl. to Collectors Comics in California 

On 3/15/2023 at 2:19 PM, dikran said:

Same as CGC - Evaluation Only not for resale - items will be returned to sender  .

Customs doesn´t  need to know its an auction - Comiclink , HA or whatever is going to evaluate my comic books

On 3/16/2023 at 2:28 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

Why Collectors Comics? I've never heard of them or their auctions.

Because he doesn´t want pay fees i guess

Seller

Fee structure: 0% Seller fees, No Final Value Fees, $0 listing fees, 100% FREE.

To become a seller on our Marketplace, simply fill out the seller request form “Become A Seller” in your Dashboard’s “Sell” tab or click the “Seller Signup” on the homepage. Once you’ve have been approved you will be able to create your own Shop and will be able to list your items on the Marketplace. The “Sell” tab will now have more options such as “List an Item” and “Orders”.

We accept any 3rd party graded comic such as CGC, CBCS, PGX, ect. We currently will NOT accept any ungraded comics. Ungraded/Raw comics acceptance will be coming in the near future.

After listing your items, they will need to be approved by Collectors Comics to make sure they do not have any errors and are items we approve of. Example: comics, original art, video games etc. We don’t allow items we do not intend on selling. Example: auto parts, stamps, etc. After the listings have been approved they will be live on the Marketplace.

If you don’t want to deal with selling process of your items yourself on our Marketplace, you can “Consign” the items to us by using your Dashboard’s “Escrow Service” tab. This will require you to ship the items to Collectors Comics, where we will then handle selling them in the Marketplace. We will take care of listings the items, receiving the payment and shipping of the items. There will be a 5% processing fee associated with this form of escrow consignment.

Edited by Mijael.Levy