• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing CGC Submission
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hi, All. Not too long ago about a book I was able to purchase, Hulk #181. I recently sent it in to CGC for Re-holder because the corner was cracked. I packed everything really well and sent 3 boxes off to CGC, two boxes for some other books I wanted to send in. Well, I got an email today, that the box containing my Hulk #181 was empty when CGC received it. My other two orders have Status updates and seem to be OK; I haven't received any communication about an error with those.

I called CGC and asked about it and they said they will launch an investigation, but will take 30 days. The shipment is insured, but CGC already said they aren't liable if it arrived as empty to them so that leaves me to fight with Fedex about this. If CGC comes back with what I suspect, an empty box, what chances do I have of getting my insurance back on this book? Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing with CGC or Fedex? This is my first submission to CGC.

Thanks in advance!

On 3/18/2023 at 6:23 AM, Gaard said:

Ask them to review the footage.

receiving.jpg

I called and they said they would open an investigation, but would take 30 days. If it did arrive empty and was stolen somewhere in transit, not hopeful I would recover the insurance. I can't open a fedex case either because the payor or shipping has to do that. I used the CGC prepaid label.

Ask CGC to see that video, you will need it to file a claim with FedEx. Someone might have seen the CGC address and knew it was comics, opened it, and closed it back up, CGC could have got an empty box at that point.

CGC said they are investigating. I tried to submit a claim through FedEx but couldn't because I used CGC's prepaid label. Fedex requires the payor open the claim, which is CGC. I asked them about that and they said they would. I shipped 3 boxes, all at the same time, this one was the only one missing anything. Either they screened all the boxes and only wanted that one or someone knew what was inside; however, nothing on the box besides CGC destination.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:39 PM, nochips said:

Ask CGC to see that video, you will need it to file a claim with FedEx. Someone might have seen the CGC address and knew it was comics, opened it, and closed it back up, CGC could have got an empty box at that point.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:08 PM, Mgc015 said:

Do you have a copy of the receipt that may show the weight of the package when you sent it? That would prove there was something in it when it left your hands.

I do have a copy of the receipt, but since it was a prepaid label from CGC, they all say 1LB unless FedEx tracks it somewhere else in their system.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:32 AM, Gaard said:

To be honest, you might get better luck with the claim now that CGC has (or will) open it. It just seems like they would have more pull than a civilian.

A company with this much business will always have a bigger pull, for sure.