• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Batman 522 Kelley Jones at auction "art" or "print"
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2023 at 9:26 AM, John E. said:

Mike, I was just about to post a topic about this warning that this is indeed a print. I know this because I own one. I got it directly from Kelley Jones at his Sac-Con (Sacramento, CA) appearance late in 2014. 

John,
Just to clarify, please: does your PRINT have the SAME ARTWORK as the print in the eBay auction, or does it have something else?
AcA

On 3/19/2023 at 7:26 AM, John E. said:

Mike, I was just about to post a topic about this warning that this is indeed a print. I know this because I own one. I got it directly from Kelley Jones at his Sac-Con (Sacramento, CA) appearance late in 2014. This is like an oversized flyer promoting the release of the then-forthcoming Batman: Kelley Jones Gallery Edition from Graphitti Designs. One side of the flyer/print is a facsimile of the original art to show the quality of the scan and printing; the reverse is the actual advertisement. This to me seems like another case of eBay sellers/consignment companies ignorant of what they are selling and writing poor descriptions that dupe bidders. So bidders beware this is not original art. But I’m more than happy to sell mine for a low, low price of $999.00USD. PM me. 

Looks like the eBay seller relisted with a proper print/promo description. This time, with a bit of a different result.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364204812690?_trksid=p2471758.m4704