• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Scammer/Not Scammer Debate Post

4 posts in this topic

This seems too stupid to be true. Yet somehow his feedback really isn't bad... He's bought and sold plenty of comics in the past...

And think about it for a second. If you buy all the lots it costs you $10,000, yes. But you're guaranteed to receive an ASM #1, a Hulk #181, 4998 other comics and some other [embarrassing lack of self control].

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6579638506

Anyone else bold/stupid enough?

Q: What condition is the Amazing Spider-man #1 in? Is it the real deal first original issue not a reprint or anything?

A: The auction contains the real deal from 1963. Only one lucky winner will receive this book. It is worth a lot in its condition, but I hesitate to grade it based upon the margin for error in such an expensive book. This is not a reader copy. It is my most prized comic book to date. I paid thousands for this comic, and the person that sold it to me said he expected for it to sell for more on eBay. By being one of the top hundred bidders, you will receive a box of comics. One lucky winner takes the Spider-Man.

so let's see...an ungraded ASM 1...not even sure it's complete, unrestored, undergraded, what have you. no idea about the Hulk 181, either.

end of the day, this guy probably took book value for all of the stuff he's auctioning, multiplied by two, and divided by 100 to get the total amount to charge for each auction. and two might be conservative.

but hey, if you want to take a shot, and you've got 100 bux burning a hole in your pocket, by all means...