• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far will e b @ y and their Exec's go to protect their bottom line and bonus'? Watch 60 minutes tonight!
2 2

39 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2023 at 1:01 PM, shadroch said:

Does the company and its directors take care of their customers or its shareholders.   If the stock is doing well and producing steady dividends, most shareholders will be happy. Sell your place, put your money to work and focus on what really matters. I wish I'd done it sooner.

You're avoiding the part of the discussion that proves that the people at the top don't care about any other people. 

So by extension, if you're supporting them you're supporting their practices. 

Wasn't it you that grilled me for taking money from Doug Schmell because he had dishonest business practices in the past?

How is supporting CEOs and their corporations by "putting your money to work" in their slimy hands any better, especially when it's evident that their business models are built on the destruction of anyone below them?

On 3/26/2023 at 6:32 PM, MAR1979 said:

What they will show is simply only what they have so far been able to uncover.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:45 PM, MAR1979 said:

Fact: Percentage of Senior Executives in Mid-Large-Huge Corporation that are Sociopaths far exceeds rest of the population.

Much published over the past few decades but start here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/2019/10/27/senior-executives-are-more-likely-to-be-psychopaths/?sh=42ab8fa247c4

https://fortune.com/2021/06/06/corporate-psychopaths-business-leadership-csr/

I have been writing about this on this forum for decades. I've even posted links to studies showing / proving how the more money is involved the more corrupt an organization becomes.

Power ALWAYS tilts towards corruption and authoritarianism and the more money and power that is involved the more tilting toward corruption and authoritarianism there will be. It's pretty much established law. It doesn't matter the field: eBay, the news, Big Pharma - anything. None of them really care about people. They only care about profit and continuing to increase profit at any cost. 

I have been OPPOSED by some prominent forum members for writing about this. I can name names if you want. :D

Why?

Likely because their money is invested the corporations I criticized. 

The big question is how do you change it?

BTW, thanks for posting the links! 

Edited by VintageComics

On 3/27/2023 at 4:23 PM, VintageComics said:

I have been writing about this on this forum for decades. I've even posted links to studies showing / proving how the more money is involved the more corrupt an organization becomes.

Power ALWAYS tilts towards corruption and authoritarianism and the more money and power that is involved the more tilting toward corruption and authoritarianism there will be. It's pretty much established law. It doesn't matter the field: eBay, the news, Big Pharma - anything. None of them really care about people. They only care about profit and continuing to increase profit at any cost. 

I have been OPPOSED by some prominent forum members for writing about this. I can name names if you want. :D

Why?

Likely because their money is invested the corporations I criticized. 

The big question is how do you change it?

BTW, thanks for posting the links! 

Not sure how you managed to toss Big Pharma into this particular discussion....but here we are.   That these companies don’t care about the consumers isn’t :news:

On 3/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Not sure how you managed to toss Big Pharma into this particular discussion....but here we are.   That these companies don’t care about the consumers isn’t :news:

I'm simply trying to show the breadth of corruption. No matter which industry it is, the potential for corruption is the same. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 3/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

i agree with vintage even if though i have significant holdings in the sector. :hide

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, MAR1979 said:

i agree with victory  even if though i have significant holdings in the sector. :hide

Ahem. It's VINTAGE. 

Victory is Jeff Weaver and while we're good friends (and he's a former / honorary Canadian) I refuse to be mistaken for him. He's shorter and hairer than I am. 

On 3/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, MAR1979 said:

i agree with victory  even if though i have significant holdings in the sector. :hide

The real question is what can be done about it?

And the only real answer is the same solution to nearly every problem we face whether it's Climate Change, world peace or reducing corruption in all areas of business....

The solution has always been tightening the family unit, raising better families and educating them to empower them. It's really that simple. 

When you have a nation of children who have food, education and will choose to pay for their spotify songs rather than rip them from the internet then you're headed in the right direction. 

There really is no other lasting solution. Every other solution will be top down and leave itself open to capture and corruption. 

The best solutions always come from the inside out. 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, VintageComics said:

Ahem. It's VINTAGE. 

Victory is Jeff Weaver and while we're good friends (and he's a former / honorary Canadian) I refuse to be mistaken for him. He's shorter and hairer than I am. 

Wow, since you look like a Komondor, I can’t imagine what he looks like!

94EB6BB5-CDEC-45BF-BAE9-88D9C849C647.thumb.jpeg.706cdd0033d0fd7d9eb0880468c0bf3d.jpeg

Edited by CAHokie

On 3/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, CAHokie said:

Wow, since you look like a Komondor, I can’t imagine what he looks like!

I have more hair on my head but I'm truly jealous of the beard he's able to grow. Mine always has Keanu Reeves holes in it. 

I read this on another forum (OR ELSEWHERE) but it certainly belongs in this discussion and brings back the discussion to comic books.

This is Herb Trimpe's account, through his personal journal writings of how he was mercilessly fired from Marvel after working for them for nearly 30 years. 

What is nice about the account is that even though he hits times of extreme negativity and depression, he manages to spin it into a positive and reinvent himself. Even in his older age. 

What a great read if you have the time to narrate the struggles of a blue collar working at the mercy of Marvel. 

Old Superheroes Never Die, They Join the Real World

On 3/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, VintageComics said:

Ahem. It's VINTAGE. 

The owner of my old LCS when I lived in VA. Real good guy. 

On 3/27/2023 at 7:32 PM, awakeintheashes said:

The owner of my old LCS when I lived in VA. Real good guy. 

He really is. We're good friends and I genuinely love the guy.