• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Switch from Eastern Color Printing to World Color Press at Sparta
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2023 at 4:12 AM, AJD said:

The burning question for me is how a thread filled with discussion of indicia details has gone @Get Marwood & I free for over 8 hours?

:bigsmile:

I can't see any of the pictures @bc

bc.thumb.PNG.56a3132713018ecaa940bfc2a7a60739.PNG

On 3/29/2023 at 4:02 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

:bigsmile:

I can't see any of the pictures @bc

bc.thumb.PNG.56a3132713018ecaa940bfc2a7a60739.PNG

Weird.

Yesterday they were fine and this morning I only see about 50% of the pics.

-bc

On 3/29/2023 at 2:23 PM, bc said:

Weird.

Yesterday they were fine and this morning I only see about 50% of the pics.

-bc

Did you have multiple forum tabs open at the time you were posting, BC? I've learned that the images don't always take if so. 

On 3/29/2023 at 2:39 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Rich - this thread might interest you.....

Indeed.  Hats off to BC.  Great stuff.  He has repeated the thing I did complete with indicias - and also put in Not Brand Echh and Tales of Asgard which I missed off.   

Just for completism:   Two Gun Kid, Kid Colt & Strange Tales finished their runs at ECP in March, March & May 1968 respectively, so didn't directly flip to World.   However Two Gun Kid was resurrected at Sparta in July 1970 (no #93), Kid Colt was resurrected at Sparta in November 1969 (#140)  and Strange Tales did exactly what it said on the tin, finishing at ECP in May 1968, does that bonkers thing where the numbering carries onto Doc's own title with #169 directly in June (still at ECP), finally flips to Sparta with issue #177, then gets cancelled at issue #183 (with no indication this would be the last issue, btw), and then ST gets resurrected under that title, and picks up the old numbering (like a horror movie franchise being rebooted and retconned) with #169 in September 1973, and goes through a wild ride with Brother Voodoo, the Golem & Warlock before ending up with a short run of Doc Strange reprints and getting cancelled at #188 in November 1976.  At Sparta, obviously.    

So, technically,  Two Gun Kid, Kid Colt and Strange Tales did all flip from ECP to WCP, but they took the scenic route.  

Rawhide Kid took the more obvious way and flipped at #68 (ECP #67 Dec 68,  WCP #68 Feb 69). 

Again, hats off to BC.   Not Brand Echh.  Damn!