• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of magazines that CGC grades?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Newbie here and just curious if there is a complete list of full size magazines that CGC will grade? Their site lists a few titles but doesn't say if there are any restrictions. Just curious if any magazine can be sent in.
Thanks!

Edited by lowball

• Administrator

This might be of some help.

CGC Magazines Dimension Requirements

CGC grades most magazines that fit within the following dimensions: 11-1/2” tall x 8-7/8” wide x 1/2” thick. Magazines that are larger than these dimensions cannot be certified, as they will not fit in the CGC Magazines holder. In addition, magazines with severe overhangs, hard covers or jeweled covers cannot be encapsulated.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

This might be of some help.

CGC Magazines Dimension Requirements

CGC grades most magazines that fit within the following dimensions: 11-1/2” tall x 8-7/8” wide x 1/2” thick. Magazines that are larger than these dimensions cannot be certified, as they will not fit in the CGC Magazines holder. In addition, magazines with severe overhangs, hard covers or jeweled covers cannot be encapsulated.

Thanks! Somehow I missed that on their magazine grading page. 

It is also possible that certain content might prohibit grading.

if you think it might be questionable, check first

On 3/30/2023 at 10:54 PM, revat said:

It is also possible that certain content might prohibit grading.

if you think it might be questionable, check first

Thanks. I'm mostly wondering what is out there that is graded form a collecting standpoint. I probably won't personally get any magazines graded. I only just realized that CGC grades some full sized magazines 

Edited by lowball