• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FREE DOWNLOAD OF THE BOOK IN THE LAST POST: Looks Like Valiant and DMG Screwed Everyone Over: Eternal Warrior - Scorched Earth - Valiant Kickstarter Project
1 1

8 posts in this topic

EDIT: Valiant has not responded to inquiries and it seems that while the digital copies were made available, the hardcovers may never ship.  While you are not really hurt if you only ordered the basic edition there are those that ordered deluxe editions and multiple copies as well as comic book stores that have flushed their money away.   What a shame. 

Starting to read it now.  They made the free digital download available for backers while they are still prepping the physical copies for shipment. 

Anyone else pick this up?  102 pages. 

ScreenShot2023-03-30at6_47_25PM.thumb.png.03832e6725d077637a84a92082b1c1c1.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/30/2023 at 6:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

Starting to read it now.  They made the free digital download available for backers while they are still prepping the physical copies for shipment. 

Anyone else pick this up?  102 pages. 

ScreenShot2023-03-30at6_47_25PM.thumb.png.03832e6725d077637a84a92082b1c1c1.png

I have the PDF. Still wondering if they're ever going to actually produce the printed edition.

On 6/13/2023 at 9:51 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I have the PDF. Still wondering if they're ever going to actually produce the printed edition.

I actually liked the storyline and was considering even buying some of the OA as the pencils exist before they were digitally scanned and altered for production but I, like you am questioning whether or not we actually get the physical copies of this book.  Right now I am glad I only ordered the basic edition. 

So I am guessing that we are never getting a physical copy of this book as Valiant has become very silent to inquiries.  I received a digital copy and only went in on the base copy of the book.  I cannot imagine the dilemma people are in that preordered the higher end versions or the multiple copies for their stores. 

As one person said in the comments of the Kickstarter, it is one thing for a company that is up and coming to use kickstarter to fund a preorder.  It is one thing for a company even like Hasbro where no retailer is going to take on some of the projects they have crowdfunded. 

Valiant / DMG Entertainment has been a comic company for around ten years.   This is a failure. 

Bleeding Cool: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/still-no-sign-of-eternal-warrior-scorched-earth-hardcover-from-valiant/

July 27, 2023

Still No Sign Of Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth Hardcover From Valiant

Former Valiant Entertainment Sales Communication Coordinator Cody White who joined in April last year, posted to a Facebook thread about just this very project, saying;

I joined the Valiant team after the Kickstarter campaign was fulfilled. The publishing team had nothing to do with the book except from minimal editorial work involved with actually executing the production of the story. Printing, production of the extras, shipping, that was all entirely on the DMG team, which is why it's still in limbo because nobody at DMG knows how to do any of that.
My understanding is that the biggest part of the failure is that they set the fulfillment ceiling far too low. By the time the publishing team was made aware of the issues, we were already on the verge of being late to fulfill. The creative team still hadn't been paid and the digital copy still hadn't been generated. We refused to put out the digital copy until the creative team had been paid. Once they were paid, I personally wrote the updates to announce that the digital would go out and helped set that up. We did what we could to help set up the extras but since we weren't in charge of the actual production, all we could do was advise. There was a hot and heavy push around February to get it done but even though we gave them all the information they asked for, no action was taken.

The responsibility to fulfill still lies with DMG even after the Alien deal. Alien did not take this project on in the deal. Alien is interested in doing Kickstarters and have expressed concerns over the lack of fulfillment but they can't do anything about it and DMG doesn't seem in any sort of a hurry to fix it. The folks who could potentially help them get it done have either gone over to Alien or have been let go (like Travis and myself).

As for why do a Kickstarter in the first place, it was really just about diversifying the publishing modality as far as I understand it. It was meant to be a way to add bells and whistles to excite the fan base but if you don't actually set up the campaign to pay for those, you're just setting a plan for failure, which is kinda the standard for DMG. Total sh-t show.

Travis would be Valiant Director of Design and Production Travis Escarfullery who, on the same group, previously posted;
"So after almost 11 1/2 years at Valiant, I'm not moving forward with them. What bothers me the most is that Dan stiffed me on my severance. The guy has zero class and can care less about anything. Because I don't want anything to do with the brand, I'm selling off my books/merch at a discounted price. Oh, and anyone who bought into NFTs, I would probably consider your money gone and I can't forget about the Kickstarter. One thing is for sure, I'm not building an AR cover or explaining how it's done. Wait, is that thing even close to going to the printer along with its add-ons? Hmmm… It's sad that within 5 years Dan ran the company into the ground. They went from 7 books a month to 1. Pulled X-O for September to run Ninjak. Really screwed up with the NFTs thinking it was a money grab. Too much greed. Now a publisher, has to get another publisher to print their books. Oh X-O 4 has been sitting on the printers servers since May. I do wish the 3 people left good luck. Dan, your movie ideas a terrible and the fact you couldn't get anything done during the pandemic when the WORLD was consuming content speaks volumes."
X-O Manowar #4 was meant to be published on the 5th of July but wasn't. X-O Manowar #5 and #6 are both currently scheduled for the 23rd of August. Ninjak Superkillers #1 for the 20th of September and #2 for the 18th of October. The Alien Books titles have yet to be solicited. Valiant Entertainment has not replied to enquiries from Bleeding Cool.

Here is the PDF if anyone wants it:

Removed.... 

I joined the Valiant Group on Facebook and the artists themselves do not believe that DMG is going to fulfill the Kickstarter.  Basically the took the money, have not paid all artists and have gone silent.  The artists pushed the company to at least release the PDF before they went dark on this matter.  So since this book was never meant for store shelves and only through a kickstarter that will not be fulfilled, you can enjoy a copy here. 

Free digital PDF Comic.  It was actually a fun read.  I would have liked having it in my Eternal Warrior collection. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/31/2023 at 7:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

Here is the PDF if anyone wants it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M_9_KT-5SG6siJGBzNGySV0pswVKJMXY/view?usp=sharing

I joined the Valiant Group on Facebook and the artists themselves do not believe that DMG is going to fulfill the Kickstarter.  Basically the took the money, have not paid all artists and have gone silent.  The artists pushed the company to at least release the PDF before they went dark on this matter.  So since this book was never meant for store shelves and only through a kickstarter that will not be fulfilled, you can enjoy a copy here. 

Free digital PDF Comic.  It was actually a fun read.  I would have liked having it in my Eternal Warrior collection. 

The guy who was in charge of Design and Production for Valiant since the relaunch in 2012 was laid off recently. He posted to the Facebook group, suggesting that the book was not close to going to the printer, and one of the special covers he was working on was likely not going to happen, because he doesn't think anyone else knew how to do it.

One slap in the face is that apparently it's going to be available as a TPB from the company taking over Valiant's publishing.