• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Timeframe when dropping books off at con

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I dropped off a few books at a con recently both raw and graded and I'm just wondering is there is a timeframe on how long before the books get updated to show as received by CGC under my account? I have always mailed my books in and this is my first time dropping them off at a con so I'm curious. 

Well you should assume they won’t log them until the con is over and they are back at Sarasota, be conservative.

so assuming the con ends Sunday.

Monday they travel back to sarasota

tuesday depend presorting and debriefing

wednesday they for sure start  work on the high value stuff.

the question is whether con books jump the queue on mail in books.

but I would think at this point say Thursday after the con and for two weeks after, obviously depending on how big (and maybe far) the con is and how busy and costly your submission tier is.

but if it’s been more than a month I’d contact cgc

For example if you’re talking sdcc it might be easily more than a month. 

Edited by revat

In my experience it's 14-21 business days from last show date to date books appear on your dashboard.

When I did a show drop-off the 1st week of Oct 2022, I was very surprised to have the books back before the month ended.

Edited by MAR1979