• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: PGM X-Men #113
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Here's what I noticed:

Small impression bottom right of back cover|corner wear|botton edge wear|2 1" printer crunches on outside front cover|2 chipped interior corners|2" printer crunch on back cover

Sped up video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k9qSuG9JjpmK9ufJ7

Scans:

X-Men113-1.thumb.jpg.8cddcada97aa547b12da58191bfe282e.jpg

X-Men113-2.thumb.jpg.978455d43a5165a043e0984990432b57.jpg

Edited by atticus.fetch

First rule of CGC submission: don't submit books with any kind of color fade, no matter how minor (it was so minor on this book, no one here even mentioned it). I'm sure that killed this book. I'm also sure the "light creasing to cover" was incorrectly attributed to the printers creases on the front and back.Those aren't suppose to count against the book, but as far as I can tell from the video, there were no other creases or bends to the cover.

Grade: 7.5 White Pages

Notes: light bends to cover, light creasing to cover, light fade to cover, light spine stress lines to cover

X-Men113-17.5.thumb.jpg.b9627804490dd2ccb3b7ffe3445727ed.jpg

X-Men113-27.5.thumb.jpg.850a1acb31bf616756eaf758048f7248.jpg

usually, I find "light creasing to cover" appears to refer to the small crease along the spine. With the slight miswrap, it's hard to see what's going on along the spine. It doesn't take much to score light creasing.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:31 PM, scburdet said:

usually, I find "light creasing to cover" appears to refer to the small crease along the spine. With the slight miswrap, it's hard to see what's going on along the spine. It doesn't take much to score light creasing.

Not sure I agree with that. Why the other note of "light spine stress lines to cover". That seems to cover "creasing" along the spine (there don't appear to be any color breakers). Still convinced it was the printers creases that (incorrectly) caught their "eyre".